Retaining a sent email from Evernote

I like to retain sent messages on mail server (Gmail) and in Apple Mail.

When I share a Note from Evernote via email, I will sometimes, but not always, receive a cc copy and it will show up as sent Mail. I've probably set it to cc me.

However, when I delete the cc copy in the inbox, the sent mail copy will sometimes vanish and sometimes not.

Also, if I don't cc myself, I will sometimes see the email in my sent folder but not always.

I'm sure some of the above differences are "operator error" but I don't think all.

Would someone explain to me how Evernote handles sent mail and how to achieve what I'm aiming for... Just the sent mail in the sent mail folder.

Thanks much.

I like to retain sent messages on mail server (Gmail) and in Apple Mail.

When I share a Note from Evernote via email, I will sometimes, but not always, receive a cc copy and it will show up as sent Mail. I've probably set it to cc me.

However, when I delete the cc copy in the inbox, the sent mail copy will sometimes vanish and sometimes not.

Also, if I don't cc myself, I will sometimes see the email in my sent folder but not always.

I'm sure some of the above differences are "operator error" but I don't think all.

Would someone explain to me how Evernote handles sent mail and how to achieve what I'm aiming for... Just the sent mail in the sent mail folder.

Thanks much.

I'm PC but AFAIK, the sending of emails via Evernote function similarly. They are sent from the EN servers, not your email account. So if you want a copy, you need to be sure to cc yourself & that will appear in your inbox, not your sent mail.

Thanks for that info.

But as I said the email appears in both my inbox and sent mail. Must be a Gmail thing.

I wish Evernote would send from our servers and then it would be easier to manage for "audit trails" but I don't know all plus and minuses.

Thanks again.

Thanks for that info.

But as I said the email appears in both my inbox and sent mail. Must be a Gmail thing.

I wish Evernote would send from our servers and then it would be easier to manage for "audit trails" but I don't know all plus and minuses.

Thanks again.

Valid request. Though the trouble with this is that if it sent from our mail servers, we would have to give Evernote our email credentials, which I wouldn't be pleased about, and I don't think Evernote wants that from its users either!

Ahhh.... I thought there was probably a good reason known by someone smarter than me.

I cavalierly thought that if I can do such from iPhoto why can't I from Evernote.

Thanks for education.

A follow-up Q:

Is there an automatic or an easy way to get the content (and title) of a Note into the body (and subject) of a compose message window of my standard email client?  (I use Mac Mail, but I present this generically.)

Dragging a Note to an email message compose body field places a 1 KB Enex attachment there.  As does ⌥+dragging.  This is, I assume, nothing more than a link (if that?).

You can copy and paste.  It appears formatting is lost (have not tested this to find out why).

You can — and this is as useful as it is round-about — send the Note to yourself (it comes through nicely formatted), and then forward it to your intended recipients.  (You may or not strip out the Evernote advertisement at the bottom of message body, remove the header information that shows in the message body, and decrease the quotation level to none.)  I suppose an enterprising Mac Evernoter could whip up a little utility that would do just that.

Imho, Evernote could make "Send via your own email client" work easily.  I would welcome it.  Without it, it feels as though Evernote has put a proprietary claim on _my_ data.

Kirby.

• 6 months later...

Emails sent from within Evernote do not appear in your email "sent" folder since they aren't technically sent from yr email account t.

If you want a copy of the email that gets sent from Evernote, check the "cc myself" box when entering your friends email address. This way you can ensure that YOU receive it and you can just resend that email if your recipients have trouble.

• Level 5*

I sent an evernote  note by mail to my friend but I can't see where's my mail as my friend didn't receive it : please could someone help & teach me??? lots of thanks

If your friend didn't receive it I would recommend resendng (making sure the email address is correct) and cc yourself (to be sure it was sent in general).

• 11 months later...

I know old post. As a new user I was also looking for this. I think it would be great if en used the api for gmail and others to add the functionality so we give permission for en to send emails via our gmail/yahoo/ms account that is associated with our en account.

Archived