[Request] Add a Focus mode for writing Notes in Evernote

I am Personally using Evernote to do almost all of my Notes in School and at Home.

However recently I also tried out "iA Writer" which is a very simplistic and distraction free note taking app with a Focus Mode which put the sentence you are woking on in focus and fades the rest out, which in my opinion allows you to concentrate much better. 

Is there already a way to do this or are you thinking about adding this to Evernote? 

Thanks a-lot,

iAwriter: http://www.iawriter.com/mac/

Link to Focus Writer: http://gottcode.org/focuswriter/

Previous thread about this: http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/25951-request-fullscreen-focus-mode-for-just-write/

Is there already a way to do this or are you thinking about adding this to Evernote? 

No, there is no way to do this currently. Evernote doesn't publicize their roadmap so we probably won't know if they decide to add such a feature unless is shows up in a beta version. Evernote staff do read these posts though, so your suggestion will be noted .

Best of luck. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm another who loves this type of feature. I'm currently using an ancient Macbook for the sole reason that MacJournal has a nice focus mode (plus decent note organization) but would much prefer to be able to use such a thing in Evernote, on my considerably faster Windows desktop.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I decided for myself that won't go premium until they implement Focus mode, because now I forced to use separate app for this purpose. Evernote note editing window is extremely uncomfortable, especially on wide screens, since it not allow to center text.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

FWIW in the desktop version,  opening a note in its own window gives you mostly blank screen (apart from what you have in the note) and Evernote Web 2.0 is designed to be distraction-free.  Despite the general support there are no actual votes for this feature (top left of the page),  and that's what will get Evernote to pay some attention to the idea...

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On June 20, 2016 at 4:08 AM, gazumped said:

FWIW in the desktop version,  opening a note in its own window gives you mostly blank screen (apart from what you have in the note) and Evernote Web 2.0 is designed to be distraction-free.  Despite the general support there are no actual votes for this feature (top left of the page),  and that's what will get Evernote to pay some attention to the idea...

If you all like this idea, listen to what gazumped posted: Don't just +1 the idea in a post, upvote the topic on the top left of this page. That's what'll get Evernote's attention.

Archived