Queries regarding choosing a plan

Hi all,

I've been trying to find an answer to this, but must've missed it somehow.

If I set up a Business account for the company I work for;

- do I need to pay 11/month for each user that I want to share with?

- what are the limitations for people that *don't* have a business account?

- can we use that one account to access the data?

- will we be able to go for a free account to trial Evernote, and then move all our data into business folders after switching to business later on?

- would a simple free account suffice?

Our notes will be sent to us by our web server anyway. They'll be emails containing support requests and the like.

It's really hard to get a good overview of what's possible between the different plans. I've seen the lists here and here, but hardly a thing mentioned there affects us. Support, upload limits, etc, we're not going to hit those.

Cheers,

- Dirk

• Level 5*

Hi all,

I've been trying to find an answer to this, but must've missed it somehow.

If I set up a Business account for the company I work for;

- do I need to pay 11/month for each user that I want to share with?

- what are the limitations for people that *don't* have a business account?

- can we use that one account to access the data?

- will we be able to go for a free account to trial Evernote, and then move all our data into business folders after switching to business later on?

- would a simple free account suffice?

Our notes will be sent to us by our web server anyway. They'll be emails containing support requests and the like.

It's really hard to get a good overview of what's possible between the different plans. I've seen the lists here and here, but hardly a thing mentioned there affects us. Support, upload limits, etc, we're not going to hit those.

Cheers,

- Dirk

Hi. I'd contact support directly (see the link in my signature). Here are my answers:

1. No. You pay for each user in your business, not for the people who join your notebooks.

2. See my page (the second one you linked). 

3. Yes. But, that means everyone will have to join the relevant notebooks.

4. Yes.

5. Maybe. It depends on your use case. See my page.

You mentioned that emails will be sent to your account. How many each day? This matters, because (as I mention on my page), there are limits. As long as you are within those limits, it is entirely possible that a free account sharing a single notebook with everyone might be sufficient for your needs. However, free accounts can only share one notebook at a time, so you will probably want to make liberal use of tags.

Emails will be sent *to* Evernote, as a method of submitting new notes. Does that count towards the 50/250 limit? It says "emails sent" on the page, not received. Not sure how to interpret that.

Oh, and thanks for answering, good sir.

Archived