Work Around for Sharing Stacks

I am trying to share a stack with a colleague.  As Evernote doesn't allow this, I came up with the following solution.  I will export the stack to Dropbox, allowing my colleague to access it.  I understand that this will not allow her to make changes or additions, but that's not the issue for us.  She just needs access to the information.  The idea would be to send her an updated .enex via Dropbox each week.  Will this work, and what do you think the draw backs will be?  One concern is that each new .enex will be saved to her Evernote account and thus she will have redundant notes.  Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

I'm not sure that this is the way to go. Or really, if there is a best way with Evernote...

Aside from the issue you mention already (each enex simply adds more notes) the other issue is the stack hierarchy itself. As far as I know, I think that you would lose all of that information in the exported file, so it would kinda defeat the object of sharing it that way.

What volume of notebooks are you looking to share? It may be best to share them all individually, and let your colleague arrange them into a stack themselves. Some work, but it may well be the only way...

• Level 5*

Specifically, the .ENEX file does not record either notebook or stack information.

I agree with Scott. Seems like going around the barn for no real good reason. Just share all of the individual notebooks with her, and be done with it.

• 2 years later...

To me this is the greatest weakness of Evernote and has caused me to look for another application. You work hard to organize stacks and sharing these stacks would be very powerful. I wonder why Evernote can't provide this feature? Hopefully they will on a future release.

On 9/19/2016 at 11:39 AM, bbecker said:

To me this is the greatest weakness of Evernote and has caused me to look for another application. You work hard to organize stacks and sharing these stacks would be very powerful. I wonder why Evernote can't provide this feature? Hopefully they will on a future release.

Obviously nothing has happened since I first posted this in 2014.

• 4 weeks later...

Really wish Evernote had addressed the idea of sharing a stack of notebooks. Each time we create a new branch of content we have to go through the resharing and everyone has to reorganise the notebooks themselves. Time for an update.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Ewster said:

Really wish Evernote had addressed the idea of sharing a stack of notebooks. Each time we create a new branch of content we have to go through the resharing and everyone has to reorganise the notebooks themselves. Time for an update.

My workaround is use a shared notebook, and identify the "branches of contents" with tags.  Maybe multiple tags if the note fits more than one branch

I'm more  comfortable with tags than notebooks anyways

Archived