Auto enter date and Time

Alan Priest

Hi, I migrated to Evernote from Info Select which I used for many years. Evernote is brilliant, far better than Info Select but one feature it lacks is the ability to auto-enter the date or time in a note whilst typing. I used to type [Esc]+D for date and [Esc]+T for time. There were other shortcuts but these were the ones I used most often. Also, if I put two asterisks in front of a date Info Select would automatically create a reminder on that date. Any chance of implementing this type of auto-entry? Only a small thing but it helps productivity. Thanks.

• Level 5*

I usually want only the date and not the time so as an alternative I use Windows texter instead to generate a date only macro.  It is more lightweight than AutoHotkey and good enough for my needs.

Alt + Shift + D should work in Evernote as well, as an alternative hotkey.

I usually want only the date and not the time so as an alternative I use Windows texter instead to generate a date only macro.  It is more lightweight than AutoHotkey and good enough for my needs.

Texter as in this?

http://lifehacker.com/238306/lifehacker-code-texter-windows

That is written in AHK, I believe :D

It has quite a few features. I remember using it at one point, but don't remember why I stopped.

For just the date, I have a few lines in my always running AHK script:

(It may well be possible to shrink that even further too :P)

::ddate::; FormatTime, Current_Time, ,dd MMMM yyyy hh:mm ttFormatTime, Current_Time, ,dd/MM/yyyySend, %Current_Time%return

Archived