Is it possible to view my own notes the way one shows up in its shared link?

Could you please specify what client you are on (Mac, Windows, Web, iOS, Android, etc).

I am not sure I understand what you have written. But here's my guess.

You don't like the reading experience in the Evernote application, but shared notes look nice (clean, lots of white space etc). You want to be able to read in an environment like that rather than the clutter of the Evernote application, but you want to do that without sharing. 

You can always double-click a note to open it in its own window, that cleans things up a bit. 

Other than that the only thing I can think of is the possibility of there being a third-party application. I don't know of one off hand, perhaps another fellow user here does. Knowing what client you are using will help us make recommendations. 

"You don't like the reading experience in the Evernote application, but shared notes look nice (clean, lots of white space etc). You want to be able to read in an environment like that rather than the clutter of the Evernote application, but you want to do that without sharing."

:) exactly! and i prefer to use the Web. reading the notes feels a bit like reading blog posts through a backend editor. i'm new to Evernote. maybe i'll get used to it in a while

• Level 5

One possible workaround is, using a desktop or mobile version of the application, read the note in presentation mode. This is a very clean and pared down display. 

If they are using Windows, I don't believe the Presentation Mode is available.

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/54289-presentation-mode-on-windows/#entry263650

It could be available in the future without messing with the registry.

Archived