Evernote not saving changes on iPad mini

My Evernote app on my iPad mini is not saving changes made to notes. If I close the app or even switch to another app and switch back, the edits disappear (and no conflicting changes notebook appears). I am connected to wifi and I've restarted my iPad, but changes are still not being saved. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you.

Hi,

I am having the same problem on my iPad 2. If I switch to Evernote and make changes to a note, then switch to another application and then back to Evernote, Evernote re-loads the note in question and my recent updates have been lost.

If I close the note before I switch, then I don't lose the updates.

I am suspicious that this is related to another issue people have reported with the iPad refreshing application contents when you switch back to the application. This appears to be to do with IOS's unloading applications from memory and reloading them, and became an issue with IOS7.

Thanks, Brad.

I am having exactly the same problem, and it has happened many times since the most recent update. It is so upsetting to sit typing valuable notes for 20 minutes, leave to check something on another app, return and find that NOTHING you have written has been saved.

I am desperately searching for an alternative product until Evernote sort this out.

Working off iPad 2, and always connected to the wireless, so I don't understand why the synching isn't working.

I am having exactly the same problem, and it has happened many times since the most recent update. It is so upsetting to sit typing valuable notes for 20 minutes, leave to check something on another app, return and find that NOTHING you have written has been saved.

I am desperately searching for an alternative product until Evernote sort this out.

Working off iPad 2, and always connected to the wireless, so I don't understand why the synching isn't working.

It doesn't appear to be a question of syncing, but rather saving.

Anytime I'm typing something for 20 minutes, I make sure to save it every now & then, even when on a desktop. On iOS, you can do this by clicking 'done' & confirming the upload indicator (top right of note) indicates the changes have been uploaded. May be a bit slower, but IMO, anytime you do that much work without saving, it's an accident waiting to happen, especially since phones/tablets tend to be a bit more fallible than laptops/desktops. And It's certainly better than losing all your changes

Have to agree with the above poster.

It only takes a second to press the save button in the note even if you want to change to another app to make sure your work is saved.

Many times we can get distracted and that one switch becomes many apps and I'm sure apps get timed out in iOS in the background to free up ram.

I am having exactly the same problem. When I switch between apps on my iPad mini evernote sometimes deletes all the changes I made since I opened the particular note. This happens regardless of whether there's an internet connection and regardless of whether the note is downloaded or not. It's making the app completely unusable as my work is being deleted.

Preferences

§

-

=

Backspace

Tab

q

w

e

r

t

y

u

i

o

p

[

]

Return

capslock

a

s

d

f

g

h

j

k

l

;

'

\

shift

`

z

x

c

v

b

n

m

/

shift

English

Deutsch

Español

Français

Italiano

Polski

Português

Русский

alt

alt

Preferences

I've had the same thing happen twice in two weeks on my iPad 2.  

I use evernote to take buyer details for open houses.  On two occasions in the last two weeks I have created notes with long name lists, and have been jumping in and out of the app while doing other things thorughout the day.  Oddly enough, the note stays open and remembers where it's up to, all through the day and I can go in and out and its all there.  Then, if I leave it a few hours or overnight, I open evernote, and the note is there, empty, with none of the data I've put in during the day.

The ipad is not connected to the net normally until i get back to the office except occasionally through hotspot, and it was connected to hotspot several times this time.

I know in hindsight I should click save periodically to save the data most times I've done it, it just remembers/saves it, and on testing it, i've noticed it does save new notes and data even if i dont click save before exiting.  So yes it may be my fault for not clicking save, but clearly it's not meant to happen that way, and I was just doing it how I always do, so of course I expected it to behave how it always does, and am quite disappointed to have lost valuable contact details I can never get back now.

I'm thinking of gong back to using the ipad notepad and emailing it to myself.  I never lost a data input in 5 years in notepad.

I've had the same thing happen twice in two weeks on my iPad 2.  

I use evernote to take buyer details for open houses.  On two occasions in the last two weeks I have created notes with long name lists, and have been jumping in and out of the app while doing other things thorughout the day.  Oddly enough, the note stays open and remembers where it's up to, all through the day and I can go in and out and its all there.  Then, if I leave it a few hours or overnight, I open evernote, and the note is there, empty, with none of the data I've put in during the day.

The ipad is not connected to the net normally until i get back to the office except occasionally through hotspot, and it was connected to hotspot several times this time.

I know in hindsight I should click save periodically to save the data most times I've done it, it just remembers/saves it, and on testing it, i've noticed it does save new notes and data even if i dont click save before exiting.  So yes it may be my fault for not clicking save, but clearly it's not meant to happen that way, and I was just doing it how I always do, so of course I expected it to behave how it always does, and am quite disappointed to have lost valuable contact details I can never get back now.

I'm thinking of gong back to using the ipad notepad and emailing it to myself.  I never lost a data input in 5 years in notepad.

Then maybe Notepad is a better app for you.

Good luck.

I am having exactly the same problem. When I switch between apps on my iPad mini evernote sometimes deletes all the changes I made since I opened the particular note. This happens regardless of whether there's an internet connection and regardless of whether the note is downloaded or not. It's making the app completely unusable as my work is being deleted.

Please read posts 4 & 5 above. And if you're not downloading the full note from the servers before making any changes to the note, then yes, any changes made may overwrite what's on the servers when you sync the changes UP.

This problem is prevalent. It is happening on more than one iPad that I own. It happens even after I make sure that updates are already synchronized before I start a new note. Important additions are simply being lost. This is a serious bug needs to be addressed.

From Evernote Live Chat: Our development team has been made aware of this bug, and is working on resolving this issue. The issue seems to be stemming from exiting the app without closing the note first; so if you close the note prior to the iOS device going to sleep or exiting the application, it should save the content.

From Evernote Live Chat: Our development team has been made aware of this bug, and is working on resolving this issue. The issue seems to be stemming from exiting the app without closing the note first; so if you close the note prior to the iOS device going to sleep or exiting the application, it should save the content.

It doesn't appear to be a question of syncing, but rather saving.

Anytime I'm typing something for 20 minutes, I make sure to save it every now & then, even when on a desktop. On iOS, you can do this by clicking 'done' & confirming the upload indicator (top right of note) indicates the changes have been uploaded. May be a bit slower, but IMO, anytime you do that much work without saving, it's an accident waiting to happen, especially since phones/tablets tend to be a bit more fallible than laptops/desktops. And It's certainly better than losing all your changes

Additionally, if you make changes on a mobile device w/o first making sure the copy you have on the mobile device has been downloaded from the EN servers (to confirm it's the latest revision) and start making changes, then you may wipe out some info.  The rule of thumb, when switching between devices, is to sync DOWN, make changes, sync UP.

So I ran into this bug today. Lost 1-2 hours of work. Contacted support via chat and was told the same thing mystimus was. While this sort of bug can certainly happen, given the significance of the bug, their lack of notice to paying customers to watch out this problem and advice for how to work around it is unacceptable. Why pay for a service that doesn't work as advertised, esp. when they know about it and won't tell you unless you hit on it and complain? Ridiculous.

Archived