Sync Issues after moving note(s) from local to sync'd notebook

dv199909

I have an issue for the last month or so when moving a note from a local notebook to a syncronized notebook sync stops working. To fix it I just have to move the note back to the local notebook. It can be repro'd with any note, not unique to a specific note that may have an issue. Just installed 5.2.1.3108 and have the same issue.

I have an issue for the last month or so when moving a note from a local notebook to a syncronized notebook sync stops working. To fix it I just have to move the note back to the local notebook. It can be repro'd with any note, not unique to a specific note that may have an issue. Just installed 5.2.1.3108 and have the same issue.

Is any message displayed when a sync fails? Have you looked in your activity log after a failed sync to get an indication of what the problem may be? I think it's in the Tools drop down. Can you create new notes in synced notebooks & sync successfully?

New notes won't sync any longer nor will changes once I move a note  as described and start getting the error, with the bang (!) on sync

The log file for the sync event that starts the error follows:

08:52:49 [7876] Client synchronization started

08:52:49 [12844] 0% Connecting to www.evernote.com/edam/note/s1

08:52:49 [12844] 0% Loaded updateCount: 32816

08:52:49 [12844] 0% Usage Metrics: sessionCount=0

08:52:49 [12844] 0% Client is up to date with the server, updateCount: 32816

08:52:49 [12844] 0% Updating server items

08:52:49 [12844] 0% Creating server note "Sync Issue", resource count: 3

08:52:50 [12844] 0% EDAMUserException: errorCode=DATA_REQUIRED parameter="Data.body"

08:52:50 [12844] 0% Session terminated abnormally, elapsed time: 1s

08:52:50 [12844] 0% * sent: 964B, received: 141B

08:52:50 [7876] Client synchronization finished, status: failed

08:52:50 [7876] * error: Sync failed due to unexpected behavior at client side

08:52:50 [7876] * elapsed time: 1s

no, I haven't come anywhere near the limits, and simply moving a note from a local to a sync'd notebook creates and fixes the issue. Once the issue is fixed sync works fine again. I just can't move local notes (most were once in a sync'd folder and moved local) back to a sync'd folder. 

no, I haven't come anywhere near the limits, and simply moving a note from a local to a sync'd notebook creates and fixes the issue. Once the issue is fixed sync works fine again. I just can't move local notes (most were once in a sync'd folder and moved local) back to a sync'd folder. 

I don't understand what you mean when you say "creates and then fixes the issue.". 

In your first post, you say you have to move the note back from a sync'd notebook to a local notebook.  (One of the signs your upload limit may have been reached.)  You also say new notes or changes to existing notes also break the sync.  (Another one of the signs your upload limit has been reached.)

When you log into the web client how much remaining upload does it show you?  (Not from the Windows client...from logging into the account via the web client.)

When you are logged into the web client, can you create a new note?

1,018 MB Remaining

move note from local to any sync folder - sync no longer works, error message above, can create new notes, they don't sync

move note back to local folder, - sync works, no issue creating notes and syncing new notes, any notes created or modified while sync was not functioning also sync

Just the act of moving notes from local into and out of a sync'd folder breaks and repairs sync functionality.

1,018 MB Remaining

move note from local to any sync folder - sync no longer works, error message above, can create new notes, they don't sync

move note back to local folder, - sync works, no issue creating notes and syncing new notes, any notes created or modified while sync was not functioning also sync

Just the act of moving notes from local into and out of a sync'd folder breaks and repairs sync functionality.

You should submit a support ticket.

step 1 - While in the "sync not functioning state" I can create new notes in the web client, these notes will sync to the Windows client

step 2 - If I create a new note in the Windows client in a sync folder (same folder as used in step 1) it doesn't sync to the E-Note service.

step 3 - move note back to local folder, sync again, new note in the Windows client now appears in web client

• 2 weeks later...

Was this issue ever cleared up?  The same thing just happened to me!  I moved all my notes from a new Sync'ed Notebook back to a Local Notebook and Voila - it synced and the error message went away.  I'd like to have these notes in a different notebook.....how do I do that without casing this error again?

This issue is likely to have been fixed by some improvements in the latest version. If you're on the latest version of the client and running into issues, I would suggest contacting Customer Support

Archived