Evernote for Windows 5.3.0 RC

dlu

Hello Folks!

We have a version that we consider feature complete. You'll notice that when you're selecting a notebook in places such as the note editor, Options panel that you have the ability to type to select a notebook.

Some of you may also get a request to verify your email address. We're trying to prevent the case where we have an out of date or mistyped email address and then a user forgets their password or we need to contact them for some other important reason.

We also have a number of bug fixes, including everything fixed in 5.2.1

Let us know what you think!

You can opt into beta's by going to Tools >> Options and checking [ ] Update to pre-release version when available

You can also download directly here: http://cdn1.evernote.com/win5/prerelease/Evernote_5.3.0.3188.exe

Thanks everyone!

Hi,

I installed the new version in my admin account (from the Tools-Option), but it didn't automatically install in my regular user account like it normally does. So I came here and attempted to use your link above...but the version Firefox downloaded from that link was Evernote_5.2.0.2775.exe 79.3mb. So I tried it again with the same result. Then I decided to try and install it anyway, on the assumption that it was the correct version and just named incorrectly...but I received an error message telling me that the version I had was a newer version than the one I was attempting to install. The version that was just installed in my admin account was 5.3.0.3188, and the version that was in my user account that needed to be upgraded was 5.3.0.2999. While I was trying to type this message in Firefox on my desktop...my computer froze, then crashed, and then got stuck creating a dump file. After I realized that wasn't going well...I rebooted it, and when Windows came back I brought up my user account and the first thing I saw was a 'Fatal Error' message from Evernote.exe v.5.3.0.3188...which I submitted the log for...then Evernote configured and the new version was installed!

@wordsgood Looks like he was saying it was RC (release candidate), slightly better than beta, not quite "gold" so they feel good about it, but need the user base to test and confirm it actually works and is ready(ish) for prime time. (I think that sentence has enough hedging of bets in it for EN).

BTW: note column need now a lot of space/pixels till it is showing the clickable tag symbol

http://www.evernote.com/shard/s1/sh/eb6d062a-dc03-4118-9b6d-df05870c281c/f6315fc123ea96b8aa6bc91fd26a8f27

In German editon you have to expand the sentences "Klicken Sie, um Schlagwörter hinzuzufügen" (= "Click to add tags") plus new menu item "Präentieren".

For Notebooks/Netbooks this could be a problem.

@atangel and @jefito: Forgive my slowness, my animals kept me up all night again so I'm still not positive about whether this is the latest official Windows build or an almost, but Dlu's not 100% sure the beta phase is done.

I understand the "Release Candidate" part means EN is feeling "fairly confident" about this version, but it isn't being announced the way new releases generally are - for example the way the latest Android with Handwriting recently was.

And then there's the words about how to opt into betas at the end of Dlu's post.

I am really not tech oriented and prefer to install only official builds and automatic updates. So again, if this is the official latest Windows build, I'll happily download it, but if it isn't, I'll just wait. :)

Think of the Release Candidate as the final beta. It gets pushed out to just beta users, but we're saying this is pretty close to what we'd like to ship publicly

The sync indicator is wrong for me in this version, showing perfectly synced notes with the unsynced dot, but not showing the dot where sync hasn't happened.

Thanks, do you know if there's any similarity between all the notes that are sycn'd, but still show the unsync'd dot?

The sync indicator is wrong for me in this version, showing perfectly synced notes with the unsynced dot, but not showing the dot where sync hasn't happened.

Thanks, do you know if there's any similarity between all the notes that are sycn'd, but still show the unsync'd dot?

Right now, I have 5 notes with the dot. 4 were created on other devices and never edited locally (except for one of them, I added a reminder). One is a pdf file from an autoimport directory (which was uploaded fine, I can see it in the web app). 

Yesterday, there were more. I'll keep my eyes open.

• Level 5*

I have had the same issue for a couple of prereleases now..  Don't know that is totally reliable, but I found two events that seemed to create a note that was "unsyncable".  

1.  Email a note without the notebook or tags in the subject line.  Sync and it looks okay.  Move it to another notebook and the asterisk stays no matter how many times you sync.

2.  Modify the reminder date in a note.

It appears you can remove the asterisk if you modify the note body and then sync.  [edit] Not sure what happens if you move the note back to the inbox after modifying it however.

I have had the same issue for a couple of prereleases now..  Don't know that is totally reliable, but I found two events that seemed to create a note that was "unsyncable".  

1.  Email a note without the notebook or tags in the subject line.  Sync and it looks okay.  Move it to another notebook and the asterisk stays no matter how many times you sync.

2.  Modify the reminder date in a note.

It appears you can remove the asterisk if you modify the note body and then sync.  [edit] Not sure what happens if you move the note back to the inbox after modifying it however.

Same problem here.  Moved the emailed note to a different inbox, synched, dot wasn't cleared.  Edited the note and synched again, dot still wasn't cleared. 

The dot sync issue persists on my end.  One thing I've noticed that might be helpful: I have two Windows machines, one customer-configured, the other configured by my company.  The dot-sync issue does not occur on the company-configured PC. 

Dot sync resolved: notes tagged as un-synched prior to the update will remain un-synched.  However, all new notes should be fine.  To clear the unsynched, I simply edited text within each in order to force the "Updated" timestamp to change.  This did the trick. 

• Level 5*

Dot sync resolved: notes tagged as un-synched prior to the update will remain un-synched.  However, all new notes should be fine.  To clear the unsynched, I simply edited text within each in order to force the "Updated" timestamp to change.  This did the trick.

I did something similar -- moved the offending notes to a local notebook, synced, and then moved them back.

I noticed that the public version is newer than our beat version now.  Should we install that or keep using the 271252 version?

• I currently have pre-release version 271252 but Public version 271360 is available
  • I have 5.3.0.3252 and Public is now 5.3.0.3360

I noticed that the public version is newer than our beat version now.  Should we install that or keep using the 271252 version?

• I currently have pre-release version 271252 but Public version 271360 is available
  • I have 5.3.0.3252 and Public is now 5.3.0.3360

Yep, that is expected. The last beta was the RC and what is pubicly available is the latest we have. Soon we'll have a beta with that's even newer! And thus goes the march of time

Archived