Palm detection/rejection in Android Handwriting update

Hi,

I am using a Nexus 7 (2013) version and I am having a lot of problems with this new feature - to the point where I am frustrated with its uselessness.

My primary issue is that on the tablet, being a larger screen, I rest my palm and that's when it all goes to hell.

The app does not detect ANY scribbles from stylus or finger if my palm has made contact. Rather I get a horrible mess of stuff under my hand.

The other half of the time as I write, my palm and hand move around to the point where I hit the soft-buttons on the bottom of the screen such as home, back and menu/alt+tab. And then Evernote closes on me.

I have tried using an Adonit Jot mini stylus as well as as a cheapo thicker end stylus both with same results. And my finger.

If I do not place my palm on the tablet, everything works, but unreadable because who writes without stabilising their hand on the page/tablet?

So what gives - everyone else is overjoyed with this feature, but it is useless for me.

Looking for constructive suggestions please - please do not suggest I don't rest my palm on the screen... I am also not interested in taking notes on my phone in a meeting.

What are other peoples experiences with this on a tablet??

Archived