Filter Unused Tags while in notebook

So in a previous version of Evernote there was the ability to filter the tags down to only have tags that were currently used in the notebook, is that still a thing?  And even if its not because they want to have the ability to reuse tags and thats a quick way of seeing all the tags can the tags be less "visible"?  I use a lot of tags and that list is a little crazy.  My notebooks have specific tags that I would want to use that do not make sense for other notebooks for instance.

Thanks

So in a previous version of Evernote there was the ability to filter the tags down to only have tags that were currently used in the notebook, is that still a thing?  And even if its not because they want to have the ability to reuse tags and thats a quick way of seeing all the tags can the tags be less "visible"?  I use a lot of tags and that list is a little crazy.  My notebooks have specific tags that I would want to use that do not make sense for other notebooks for instance.

Thanks

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/41564-i-miss-hide-unassigned-tags/

• Level 5*

Short form:

* Make sure that "Search Current Context" mode is enabled: click on the magnifying glass to the left of the search control in the toolbar, and select "Search Current Context". This not the default setting, but it's the only setting that I find useful, so it's *my* default setting.

* Select a notebook : you can do this from the notebook list in the left panel, or from the notebook list in the search control over the note list, or by using the "notebook:<my notebook>" search string or whatever (you can also do this for a stack as well). This is now your current context.

* Now click on the tag icon in the search control over the note list. The list of tags that you see should be relevant to your current context. Pick one (you can start typing to filter that list to make picking easier). After that, you can click on the "Click to filter by tag..." text to select another tag (the tag list will be filtered by previous choices). Repeat as needed.

Archived