off process - evernote clipper

Hi Everyone. I just installed Evernote.
I pointed in the options that the program does not load at boot, but I still see a running process Evernote clipper

I hate when something is running and I do not use it at the moment. How do I disable it?

Greetings from Poland!

• 10 months later...

I recently installed evernote and I have same problem. I was looking for the solutions, but couldn't find anything which could stop evernoteclipper.exe from remaining in task manager after exiting evernote... Is there any option to stop this process from maintaining in the system after I exit evernote? Starting task manager and killing it manually every time is really frustrating.

• Level 5*

I recently installed evernote and I have same problem. I was looking for the solutions, but couldn't find anything which could stop evernoteclipper.exe from remaining in task manager after exiting evernote... Is there any option to stop this process from maintaining in the system after I exit evernote? Starting task manager and killing it manually every time is really frustrating.

Use File / Exit to completely shut down Evernote.

If you have many programs, and each is leaving a process after it, then it starts to matter. Additionally, there is always a possibility that such process will affect another program or your computer performance in an unknown way in some weird/specific/unknown circumstances and you will spend half a day or more wondering what is wrong. Moreover, if you often analyse your processes it is much harder to find any unusual things if you have more processes to go through. Summing up, it is generally good practice to not have any unnecessary processes running in the background.

• Level 5*

Guess it depends what you think of as "unnecesary".  

If you really don't want this hanging around,  why not kill the process to save the .6MB of memory that it occupies?  

You'll have to restart Evernote to get clipping back if you want to grab a web page or add other content to your account.  With Clipper active you don't necessarily need the full app running to clip.  Saves time and resources.

• Level 5*

I completely get the thinking behind it when PCs had Pentium processors and 8mb of RAM, but these days when PCs are way more powerful than user's really need I'm not sure that it's particularly important.

I'd suggest that if performance is absolutely key, you wouldn't be running a Windows OS in the first place.

But each to their own - good luck.

• 1 year later...
On 23.1.2015 at 1:51 PM, Metrodon said:

Does it really matter on a modern PC?

yes it does. Imagine you have 50 applications on your computer who think "does it matter?"

then it slows down your computer and people like me, who like having a fast computer, would rather remove the software (if not tremendously important for the operating system itself) than buying new hardware just to support the useless processes

• Level 5*

I'll say again...if you want a fast computer, why are you running a slow and buggy OS? Seems like you should fix your OS choice first. Linux or OS X would probably be more suitable. Or you could just eat the .6mb of memory overhead, LOLs...

• Level 5*
23 hours ago, Ingrain said:

then it slows down your computer and people like me, who like having a fast computer, would rather remove the software (if not tremendously important for the operating system itself) than buying new hardware just to support the useless processes

Does it really slow down your computer? By how much? Have you measured it? I'd suggest getting hold of a tool like Process Explorer to get a better handle on how much its being there actually affects your computer's performance (it's pretty darned small, but check it for yourself). Of course, once you have Process Explorer up and running, you might have a wiggy when seeing all the other processes that are actually running under the hood...

On 11/20/2016 at 10:27 AM, Ingrain said:

And because every person has their preferences we need an option to trigger this on/off

The way to do this is via the registry as is documented in the other topic on which you've posted about this:

• Completely shut down Evernote
  • Add a DWORD value named "HKCU\Software\Evernote\Evernote\StartEvernoteClipper", if it's not already there
  • Set its value to 0
  • Start up Evernote again

No more EvernoteClipper.exe.

Archived