(Archived) How to nest tags directly?

Vadosity

When I'm editing notes, if I type down new tags inside the "+tag" field, the tags are directly created.

Is there anyway so that I can directly nest the tags below certain tags using the aforementioned field, without going over the "Tags" section in the sidebar? It will save a lot of time for me.

• Level 5*

Well, you can do it in the tag tree and the tag panel: right click on the parent tag, and select "Create tag in...". But not in the original scenario, no. I just go back and re-parent tags that I create that way every so often (I don't create tags often any more).

• Level 5*

When I'm editing notes, if I type down new tags inside the "+tag" field, the tags are directly created.

Is there anyway so that I can directly nest the tags below certain tags using the aforementioned field, without going over the "Tags" section in the sidebar? It will save a lot of time for me.

Since Evernote would never be able to figure out by itself where you would want to put your new tag, the "perfect" scenario would be that the tag tree would pop up after you type in the tag name and you would be able to choose where you want to put it. The not so much worse alternative is to browse the left panel, create the nested tag there by using the "create tag in..." and then drag the note you are viewing onto the new tag.

Archived