Galaxy Note 3 SNote Integration with Evernote

Hi StephenG,

without Evernote on your Android there is no Evenote Database to communicate.

1. Step:

The SNote Application saves the content to your local Android Evernote Database

2. Step

This information will be synced through Evernote.

But as far as I know - is EN not preinstalled on your Galaxy Note 3 (see in the rubric "Samsung Apps" in the App-Section).

Kind regards,

Olli

I think what is going here is that Samsung is giving up supporting its desktop client application and has entered into a marketing arrangement with Evernote. The Snote app on the Note 3 has a lot more functionality (data types) than the current desktop client can support and Samsung simply doesn't want to maintain bidirectional compatibility.

I will bet Samsung gets a kickback whenever a Note 3 user installs the Evernote app and probably gets a bonus payment if the user upgrade to a paid Evernote subscription.

I did have a chat session with Samsung Support and the only thing they would only say is their own "Samsung Account sync'ing interface no longer functions". My response was that Samsung should at a minimum update the app and take out the Samsung Account sync option.

Shame that Samsung appears to be dropping support because the Evernote sync'ing option lobotomizes the SNote and it becomes a dumb image file. 

• 2 months later...

Hi, 

I'm a longtime EN premium user and have owned the Note 3 since December 2013.  Until recently, one of the things that I loved was that I could use the Note 3's  "S Finder" app to search all content on the phone (action memos, stored files, google drive etc) while also searching Evernote simultaneously.  Recently, for no reason obvious to me, Evernote notes no longer appear to be being searched when I do an S Finder search.  I have gone into settings multiple times and checked and unchecked evernote, even uninstalled and reinstalled EN to see if I could get it working again.  No luck.  I've posted this issue on XDA developers, phandroid, and even recently did an online chat with AT&T my provider) without any luck. I'm starting to consider even doing a factory reset, but I'd hate to go through all of that trouble (already did it once recently after installing Kitkat).  Yes, S Finder was still searching EN long after I installed KitKat, so I don't believe that's the problem either.  Someone please help!!

Thanks,

Jordan

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi.

I would also very much like to find out what is happening with Evernote and the Note 4... I am about to upgrade to one...

Tx

Does anyone know what changes or improvements have been made with evernote integration with the samsung galaxy note 4 that has just been launched?

the Evernote sync'ing option lobotomizes the SNote and it becomes a dumb image file. 

Hi Stephen,

I am about to get my first Note phone, and was curious as to what you meant that it is an image file. Are you saying that once an S Note is synced with Evernote, it stops being editable, is a bitmap image?

Thanks,

Mark.

I don't know about the note 4, but in the note 3, s notes do in fact sink in Evernote as s notes (not images). When I search and open an s note within Evernote, it opens with the S note app and is fully editable as if it were never in Evernote. When I open an S note from Evernote on any other device than my note 4, ie one that does not have the S note app installed. It opens I believe as a PDF. I hope this helps.

Ah cool, thanks Jframe...

Mostly I would not want to re-edit a note... but it's good to know what the limitations are.

Cheers

Mark.

I don't know about the note 4, but in the note 3, s notes do in fact sink in Evernote as s notes (not images). When I search and open an s note within Evernote, it opens with the S note app and is fully editable as if it were never in Evernote. When I open an S note from Evernote on any other device than my note 4, ie one that does not have the S note app installed. It opens I believe as a PDF. I hope this helps.

I actually do it all the time. For example, if I am researching something, I will use s note as a sort of scrapbook for everything I find, knowing that it will be automatically backed up and saved on Evernote. When I want to add something I'll search the note on Evernote On my phone, open it up and right or drag something into it. F im at a computer, I can then open the note on Evernote and have everything there even if I can't edit it with S note. of course, you can still edit it through Evernote in that case.

If im at a computer, I can then open the note on Evernote and have everything there even if I can't edit it with S note. of course, you can still edit it through Evernote in that case.

So if you are on a computer on Evernote, you can edit a note that was generated using Snote on your phone, ie can you edit the text, copy, delete bits etc...? I thought you could not, but it sounds like you say you can "edit it through Evernote"... ?

Thanks, just wanting to know what I will be able to do...

On the Note 8 (a tablet) Samsung now has the s-pen set up as an input method which works with most apps. So if I want to write a note and have it converted to text, I just open Evernote, start a new note, pull out the pen and write in the yellow writing space and it converts into Evernote. While Snote does still exist, I don't use it I go right to Evernote. 

I would guess that this might be the case for the new Note phone, but I'd visit a store with a working one and find out. 

Yup, it's a nice feature, but I've so far found s note to be the best, most felexible way to create and edit notes. You can drop in a pic and immediately write draw annotate all over it. You can also lasso a pic from the web (w both s note and browser open) and drag it into the s note app, whereupon if automatically pastes a text url link at the top of the note to the page you pulled from. The perfect scrapbook! I use this approzch for all my projects. Love it. Of course, all id auto backed up and searchable into evernote.

On the Note 8 (a tablet) Samsung now has the s-pen set up as an input method which works with most apps. So if I want to write a note and have it converted to text, I just open Evernote, start a new note, pull out the pen and write in the yellow writing space and it converts into Evernote. While Snote does still exist, I don't use it I go right to Evernote

Jframe, on 11 Oct 2014 - 4:40 PM, said:  Yup, it's a nice feature, but I've so far found s note to be the best, most felexible way to create and edit notes. You can drop in a pic and immediately write draw annotate all over it. You can also lasso a pic from the web (w both s note and browser open) and drag it into the s note app, whereupon if automatically pastes a text url link at the top of the note to the page you pulled from. The perfect scrapbook! I use this approzch for all my projects. Love it. Of course, all id auto backed up and searchable into evernote.

thanks guys, ok, so it will be a choice between more editing ability or more flexible tools when creating the note...

it would be great if you could do all the annotating, adding pix etc on evernote without having to open Skitch to annotate with Evernote.

Great to have choices though. tx

Mark.

On the Note 8 (a tablet) Samsung now has the s-pen set up as an input method which works with most apps. So if I want to write a note and have it converted to text, I just open Evernote, start a new note, pull out the pen and write in the yellow writing space and it converts into Evernote. While Snote does still exist, I don't use it I go right to Evernote

Jframe, on 11 Oct 2014 - 4:40 PM, said:  Yup, it's a nice feature, but I've so far found s note to be the best, most felexible way to create and edit notes. You can drop in a pic and immediately write draw annotate all over it. You can also lasso a pic from the web (w both s note and browser open) and drag it into the s note app, whereupon if automatically pastes a text url link at the top of the note to the page you pulled from. The perfect scrapbook! I use this approzch for all my projects. Love it. Of course, all id auto backed up and searchable into evernote.

thanks guys, ok, so it will be a choice between more editing ability or more flexible tools when creating the note...

it would be great if you could do all the annotating, adding pix etc on evernote without having to open Skitch to annotate with Evernote.

Great to have choices though. tx

Mark.

Some things like adding photos and adding hand drawings you are making can be done in Evernote without skitch. But if you have a photo you want to write on, yes you will have to use skitch, but after the first time of setting it as the default a tap on the photo will take you right there. 

Archived