Move Notebook to different Stack in Mac 5.5

Sarah001

Idea

Hi, what's the right way to move a Notebook to another stack? 

• I expected to be able drag a notebook to a stack in the sidebar / shortcuts (from the sidebar or from the 'Notebooks' listing in the main pane) but that doesn't seem to work. 
  • I can drag and drop within the Notebooks listing, but the view doesn't scroll when I drag to the edge of the pane. So in list view I have to move the item one notebook to the left, scroll, move it to another notebook further on the left, scroll, then finally can file it where I want it. In 'icon' view (?) of notebooks, I would expect it to scroll up and down, but it doesn't. 

I not sure if I'm doing something wrong? Any tips? Or is something broken?

Cheers

Sarah

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi, what's the right way to move a Notebook to another stack? 

• I expected to be able drag a notebook to a stack in the sidebar / shortcuts (from the sidebar or from the 'Notebooks' listing in the main pane) but that doesn't seem to work. 
  • I can drag and drop within the Notebooks listing, but the view doesn't scroll when I drag to the edge of the pane. So in list view I have to move the item one notebook to the left, scroll, move it to another notebook further on the left, scroll, then finally can file it where I want it. In 'icon' view (?) of notebooks, I would expect it to scroll up and down, but it doesn't. 

I not sure if I'm doing something wrong? Any tips? Or is something broken?

Cheers

Sarah

HI. I don't know the answer. I am afraid I only have a few notebooks and there isn't any scrolling involved. I can say that the sidebar lacks this functionality, and you do have to use the notebook listing to move things around, so that sounds like it is working as it should.

Archived