(Archived) Long Delay When Clearing Trash

jschnur

I often get an error message and long delays -- typically about 30 seconds -- when clearing trash, particularly when trashed notes include attachments.  This happens even when clearing a single note.  Eventually the error message clears and my trash is deleted.  If I try to perform another function while trash is clearing, my PC freezes up.  I've been experiencing this problem across many Evernote Windows versions for at least a year.  Is this a known problem? Thanks.

I often get an error message and long delays -- typically about 30 seconds -- when clearing trash, particularly when trashed notes include attachments.  This happens even when clearing a single note.  Eventually the error message clears and my trash is deleted.  If I try to perform another function while trash is clearing, my PC freezes up.  I've been experiencing this problem across many Evernote Windows versions for at least a year.  Is this a known problem? Thanks.

What is the error message?

• Level 5

I've also seen the same issue. (currently running public version 5.3.0.3093)

I just deleted 122 notes from my trash.

Ran my stopwatch - It took 1 minute 47 seconds to complete.

While the notes are being eliminated, there is a small message in the upper left of the screen that says:

"Trash - username - Evernote is not responding"

If you try to interfere while the trash is still being emptied, Windows will pop up the message that Evernote is not responding and do you want to wait or force the program to close.

Other than the hourglass icon disappearing, there is no confirmation from Evernote that it is finished.

While the notes are being removed, my hard drive is very active. When it quiets down, then I can proceed with Evernote's normal functions.

What is the error message?

Like jbenson2 (above), in the title bar of the Evernote window I get the error messsage "Trash - [username] - Evernote is not responding." As long as I don't interfere, the error message eventually disappears and the trash is emptied, but it can take quite some time.  Importantly, I'm pretty sure I get this error only after I synch, give the cloud server enough time to OCR-process the notes I'll be trashing, synch again, and then try to delete these notes and empty the trash.  Otherwise, the trash empties smoothly.

Archived