Is there a way to create a saved search that shows only the bookmarks that were created with webclipper?

• 4 months later...

The problem is that I have many webclips already. Also tagging each one is too time consuming, the web clip point is to make it fast to save the web page url along with some information.

Maybe the API offers a way to do this?

• Level 5*

The problem is that I have many webclips already. Also tagging each one is too time consuming, the web clip point is to make it fast to save the web page url along with some information.

Maybe the API offers a way to do this?

There doesn't appear to be any intrinsic way to distinguish a web page clipped as a bookmark vs a web page clipped as an article (i.e., there appears to be nothing in the note  content that can tell you this). Even the API is probably not going to help. You can verify this my clipping the same page as both an article and a bookmark, and then exporting them to .enex format, and comparing the two resultant files.

Conversely, tagging in the web clipper is easy (decidedly *not* time consuming) and can save you lots of time if for some reason distinguishing between clipped articles and bookmarks is important to you. Alternatively, you could clip to a special Bookmarks notebook, which is easy, too. For example, many people clip to a special Inbox notebook, and tag there in bulk before moving them to their destination notebook.

Conversely, tagging in the web clipper is easy (decidedly *not* time consuming) and can save you lots of time if for some reason distinguishing between clipped articles and bookmarks is important to you. Alternatively, you could clip to a special Bookmarks notebook, which is easy, too. For example, many people clip to a special Inbox notebook, and tag there in bulk before moving them to their destination notebook.

1. You mean after saving each page, go and tag it manually with 'webclip' ?

2. The problem with that is that clip selection, clip bookmark and clip full page would end up in the same notebook, which is what I'm trying to avoid. I need 'clip bookmark' in a separate notebook or a way to 'isolate' the saved data.

Any ideas?

Hi!

You may want to refer to a recent post of mine that includes details about a web-based bookmarking/research tool called Diigo. The annual subscription costs range from free to $40.00 USD. Scroll past the part about Revo Uninstaller.

I'm currently a free user and have completely fallen in love with this program!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

In the categories of work rounds, you could get a third party boomarking service or one of the browsers built in functions then use an IFTTT recipe to auto sync them back to your evernote. I'm using this with pinboard, it scrapes a bit less data than the evernote bookmark button but has advantage of creating an automatic back up on someone elses server.

• 3 months later...

I found this discussion through a web search because I was looking for the same thing (I'd like to transfer out all my bookmarks into another service and de-clutter Evernote). I'm not sure there is a size: parameter to search (didn't see one on the grammar page in the original post) but if we could combine  source:web.clip and some kind of size: attribute it might help, since bookmarks should be inherently smaller than a full page of clipped material. Then we could search all web clips less than X kb/mb and at least narrow down the field of bookmark-only candidates to tag/move/export.  (?)

• Level 5*
35 minutes ago, steve.solari said:

I'd like to transfer out all my bookmarks into another service

While a search will get you a list of notes, I'd be looking at Applescript to get a list of urls

Archived