Sync Reminders with Google Calendar?

• Level 5*

Hi - Google Cal isn't connected in any way with Evernote,  so the simple answer is 'no'.  You could presumably generate an email into GCal to set an appointment,  or use an IFTTT script,  and there are almost certainly other To-do apps that will set a Google appointment and save a note to Evernote.  Or there's simple copy and paste.  Up to you though to work out what's available and how it might fit in with your workflow.

IFTTT does not filter for notes that have reminders. Zapier does, but depending of the number of notes you have with reminders, you might need to use the paid version.

Another option is to use a task manager that integrates with EN. Systems I have tested Remember the Milk, Nozbe and Zendone, and it works with all of them. 

• 3 months later...
  • Level 5*

On Windows, I'm about to come out with a new version of TuskTools Calendar that adds Reminder sync to the existing Google Calendar sync (along with lots of other new features like support for shared and Business notebooks, Microsoft Outlook sync, assigning Reminders to other people, and other stuff).

• 4 weeks later...

I have just started using a product called Sunrise Calendar on my PC, Mac, iOS, and Android devices. The reason I started using it is that it can sync Evernote reminders.

I hate adding other apps to the mix and really like google calendar, but I am going to use Sunrise, at least until Google and Evernote team up to provide a nice seamless way of doing this like Sunrise has.

• Level 5*

Sunrise is a nice product - I use it too.  In some ways its better than Google Calendar and I sneakily like it - because it's not Google.  No personal grudges,  but they are slowly assimilating the world.  And resistance is usually futile...

• 2 months later...
  • Level 5*

Very cool. I've been using Sunrise on my iOS devices for months, but had no clue they had a PC version on the web. Using that now and EN reminders are there where they should be!

• 1 month later...

Don't know if anyone is still following this, but I use Sunrise running in the background synched with gCal.  Since Evernote Reminders synch with Sunrise which then synchs with gCal, it makes it appear that Evernote is synching directly to gCal.  I'm using Android on a Tablet and Phone, and Windows on my PC, and all stay in synch.

Now that Google is updating all of Android to Lollipop and coming out with new versions, and/or products, I'm trying to put together some logical and practical notifications and reminders scheme between new Android Notification Cards, Google NOW, Google's new INBOX, gCal's new update, Evernote, and probably Sunrise operating in background as noted above.  It's getting rather confusing as I don't want 2, 3, or 4, applications all giving me alarms, notifications, or reminders, all for the same event.  

Talk about information overload  :blink:

I'm in the same mental state: I use all of those services, but would like a way to unify them.

I just tried Sunrise calendar again to see how it syncs with Google Tasks, which is my main task application. I found that only those tasks that have due dates sync with Sunrise.

I'm back to Google Calendar as my nexus, or rather Google in general. I find the ability to quickly turn any email into a task very useful. I like how Google calendar on the web displays my Gtasks to the right.

Like you, I want one central application for all my stuff that I have to do or remember. 

---

Don't know if anyone is still following this, but I use Sunrise running in the background synched with gCal.  Since Evernote Reminders synch with Sunrise which then synchs with gCal, it makes it appear that Evernote is synching directly to gCal.  I'm using Android on a Tablet and Phone, and Windows on my PC, and all stay in synch.

Now that Google is updating all of Android to Lollipop and coming out with new versions, and/or products, I'm trying to put together some logical and practical notifications and reminders scheme between new Android Notification Cards, Google NOW, Google's new INBOX, gCal's new update, Evernote, and probably Sunrise operating in background as noted above.  It's getting rather confusing as I don't want 2, 3, or 4, applications all giving me alarms, notifications, or reminders, all for the same event.  

Talk about information overload  :blink:

• Level 5*

Ticktick have just released a calendar update too which syncs with 'other' calendar apps including GCal - I'm likewise looking to run the minimum number of apps required to harmonise notes,  to-dos and calender items.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

We've recently released an Evernote Calendar Connector which should give you what you need. This sits behind the scenes and quietly keeps your reminders in sync with your chosen calendar and vice versa.

Excellent! It really works. I've been waiting for this for a long time... Thanks a lot for this!

A suggestion: could you add a link in the calendar entry's description to open the note in Evernote, please?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 7/15/2015 at 4:22 AM, adambird said:

We've recently released an Evernote Calendar Connector which should give you what you need. This sits behind the scenes and quietly keeps your reminders in sync with your chosen calendar and vice versa.

This works beautifully. Exactly what I was looking for. I can set an Evernote reminder on my phone and it shows up in my browser on my desktop. I can change the time on my phone and it gets synced. Thanks!

• Level 5*
On July 15, 2015 at 3:22 AM, adambird said:

Thanks @2bejoyous for the reminder - I missed the original anouncement.
This service also works with the Mac (iCloud) calendar.
I had previously been using an applescript, but this is automatic and its a 2 way sync.

• Level 5*
On 7/15/2015 at 5:22 AM, adambird said:

The pricing was hard to find.  I don't like to sign up for anything without knowing the price.

See PRICING PLANS 

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, JMichaelTX said:

The pricing was hard to find.  I don't like to sign up for anything without knowing the price.

Thanks - I was wondering the same thing (where's the money)I hope we can get some feedback from @adambird

I'm testing it out - haven't hit any charges yet.
They know I'm using the service - I had to give them access to both my Evernote and calendar accounts. This was a concern but a requirement to allow them to update either side.

@JMichaelTX and @DTLow 

The pricing plans you linked to are for access to our core service which is a Calendar API that allows software developers to integrate their apps with calendars.

The Evernote Calendar Connector is free to use.

We built it as a sample application to demonstrate our the capabilities of our API. The application is open source and free to use. 

• Level 5*
16 hours ago, Rob van Vliet said:

Any chance that the reminders can be synced to the new Google calendar reminders?

Are you looking to get two reminders for everything,  or replace Google reminders with Evernote's or vice-versa?

• Level 5*
17 hours ago, Rob van Vliet said:

Any chance that the reminders can be synced to the new Google calendar reminders?

Nothing that I know of

I use the Evernote Reminder as a jumping point to Calendar/Reminders (Mac - ICloud and Applescript)
and @gazumped - its not that I want a duplication, I just find better functionality in the dedicated Calendar or Reminders

• Level 5*
On July 15, 2015 at 3:22 AM, adambird said:

Thanks - I signed up and so far, everythings working great.

One wish (there's always one more); I'd prefer to use a tag to trigger this - something like !Calendar Connector
The issue is that I don't always want my reminders duplicated into the calendar

• Level 5*

I have yet to come up with a process that will integrate my Evernote notes with both a 'to-do' app and a separate calendar app (both of which I use for legacy reasons) without generating multiple reminders for some events.  I also use Outlook which I left synced with my Google calendar,  and which itself chips in from time to time with reminders.  At least it's hard for me to forget anything I schedule somewhere...

On 2/16/2016 at 3:15 PM, gazumped said:

Are you looking to get two reminders for everything,  or replace Google reminders with Evernote's or vice-versa?

Just tot be sure: What I'm refering to is the new reminders in Google's mobile calendar app. If you haven't seen them yet, here's a bit of explanation: http://www.howtogeek.com/236946/how-to-use-the-reminders-feature-in-google-calendar/

It's basically a special kind of event, which maps better on the synced Evernote reminders than the normal events. It would be nice if the Evernote Calendar Connector would use these

• Level 5*

Ah.  Those reminders...  Good how Google introduced the package of reminder and recurrence together.. As you infer,  that's just a (better) version of Evernote's system,  so I don't see there being a direct link unless Evernote decides to outsource;  but there's always a developer out there who might want to throw a little code at the problem.  Perhaps we'll see some more add-ins to provide the link.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
On 7/17/2014 at 3:28 PM, gazumped said:

Sunrise is a nice product - I use it too.  In some ways its better than Google Calendar and I sneakily like it - because it's not Google.  No personal grudges,  but they are slowly assimilating the world.  And resistance is usually futile...

Sadly, Microsoft has purchased Sunrise and development has stopped. They are "committed" to integrating Sunrise features into Outlook, but only some are in the Outlook for iOS app, none in Outlook for desktop, and somehow, I think Evernote integration will not make it. After all, wy would they support a competitor to OneNote?

I wish EN would develop an iCal link to our EN reminder database. That is all I want. So many other apps have this like Trello and ToDoIst.

• Level 5*
48 minutes ago, André said:

Still happy with Cronofy :-) Just add a reminder in EN and it's in your (Google) calendar.

Bleh. I looked at that but it wants my userID and password rather than using industry standard OAth connections where I can link my info but not provide the keys to the kingdom where it "will be stored securely on the Cronofy servers."

This isn't 2008. :unsure:

• Level 5*
23 minutes ago, adambird said:

@EdH that depends on the provider. O365 and Exchange currently require that because of the APIs we're using to get the required feature set. They're may be a way to avoid this in the O365 scenario so that's being investigated shortly.

More information on our approach to security here https://www.cronofy.com/security-performance/

Thanks Adam. That actually wouldn't surprise me. Office 365 at the enterprise level is very much a work in process. New and changed features weekly it seems. I have connected services to it with OAuth, but it was a simple task app and probably wasn't delving as deeply into the API as you are.

That said, I am an admin at our company so I simply am unable to give my O365 user ID and password to any outside company because of the risk it would entail vs a mere mortal. ;)

Please, post here with updates as your investigation continues. Of course, ideally EN would just publish a webcal link to my reminders, though that might not be the best thing for your business model.

Will post updates. The driver for this is our Calendar API service which we're currently adding a series of features to better support enterprise software integrations.

Re: webcal. The challenges you have are

1. It's free text with poor auth support by clients
  2. You're reliant on the update cycle of the calendar client or in the case of Google their servers which can be as bad as 24 hours
  3. It's only read-only so you can't track updates between calendar and application

• 1 month later...
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, magicturtle said:

For Evernote Calendar Connector, the reminder set in Evernote results in GCal entry with a starting time when the note was written in EN. 

Is it possible to make it an all-day event? 

The only way I see to change the calendar event end time, or make it an all day event
is to go to the calendar entry and update it.

I use  Cronyfy Calendar Connector to sync my Evernote Reminders to Apple Calendar.
My experience is the calendar entry is created using the Reminder date/time as the event start time.
There is no option to set an end time, and I always get a ½ hour event by default

• 2 months later...
On 3/14/2014 at 4:13 AM, magicturtle said:

Is there a way to Sync Reminders with Google Calendar? 

Many thanks! 

Unfortunately Sunrise is soon to be no more :-(

On 6/21/2014 at 0:58 AM, tokao said:

You can use sunrise app for iPhone Android or web.

On 7/17/2014 at 0:11 PM, mstevulak said:

I have just started using a product called Sunrise Calendar on my PC, Mac, iOS, and Android devices. The reason I started using it is that it can sync Evernote reminders.

I hate adding other apps to the mix and really like google calendar, but I am going to use Sunrise, at least until Google and Evernote team up to provide a nice seamless way of doing this like Sunrise has.

On 7/17/2014 at 6:28 PM, gazumped said:

On 9/30/2014 at 6:10 PM, EdH said:

Very cool. I've been using Sunrise on my iOS devices for months, but had no clue they had a PC version on the web. Using that now and EN reminders are there where they should be!

Archived