(Archived) [Vista] Screen Clipper

grahamtew

Hi, when I now use (win key)+(print screen) my screen clipper comes up but as I move the crosshairs it leaves an image of the lines across my screen and doesn't clip anything to evernote or even to the clipboard when I use alt key. Have upgraded to latest version of evernote 5.2.0.2946, but no joy there.

I have recently added a second monitor, but people seem to be able to use it on multidisplay.

Others suggested changing the hotkeys, but that hasn't worked.

Any ideas anyone please? Very important feature in my work and would love to sort this out

Graham

• Level 5*

Not sure about fixing the screen clipper - best suggestion would be to Revo uninstall and reinstall Evernote;  search around here for more information on backups and the safe way to do this if necessary.

If that's not working for the moment,  you have the print screen options - Ctrl-PrtSc for the desktop (on a multi display with a wrap around desktop this includes both screens) or Ctrl-Alt-PrtSc for the active window - then Paste the clipboard contents into an editor for cropping / annotation or into a new note as required.

There's also a Snipping Tool built into Vista which does pretty much the same as Evernote's clipper,  but doesn't get any source URLs.

Archived