How to get Evernote shortcut(s) on home screen Samsung SM-P900?

Hi there.

I just purchased a Samsung 12.2" tablet: the SM-P900.  Its a nice tablet!

However, I installed Evernote and can't seem to find the shortcuts.  The only shortcut visible is in the Widgets section, labelled "1x1".  However, I am not able to drag that shortcut to a home screen.

I have Evernote also installed in my Samsung Galaxy S4 and there is a whole slew of shortcuts available.  But not on the tablet.

Obviously, I'm doing something wrong.  Will some kind soul point me in the right direction?

For what its worth, the other apps that I installed created shortcuts to the home page.  These include SugarSync, Real Calc, others.  But not Evernote.

Many thanks!

dwayne

• Level 5*

Don't know if something has changed since I last installed anything on Android,  but once you have downloaded and installed an app,  you should be able to go to a page which shows all the apps installed on your device and use the app icon to launch that app.  There's no need to 'install' anything but the software unless you want to have an icon on your home screen,  or you want to use a 'widget' which has quick links to notes or to other features within Evernote. Try checking your device manuals to confirm how you get to the Apps menu.  Evernote will be in there somewhere - the menu can be sorted in order of installation,  in which case the icon will be at the end;  or alphabetically in which case start at the beginning!

There's no need to 'install' anything but the software unless you want to have an icon on your home screen

You nailed it in one.  I want to have a shortcut to Evernote right on my home screen.  Digging through the application manager just to open Evernote is a *real* pain.

How do I convince Evernote to install a shortcut to my home screen?

• Level 5*

If you long-press on your home screen you should get the option to choose the icon you want to copy across.  At the top of a new screen there's an option to choose Apps or Widgets;  make sure you;re looking at Apps.  Scroll through those screens until you find an Evernote icon you like (there are several) and press and hold it.  You'll be able to drag it into your home screen.  You can have all sorts of icons from 1x1 to 4x3 some of which can themselves be customised to launch different features like Evernote's page camera or a new note.  All this should have installed itself with the main app.

I had a similar problem on my Samsung Tablet.

Evernote came preinstalled on this Tablet, and I found it in a folder called Samsung in the App-Section.

Kind regards,

Olli

I had a similar problem on my Samsung Tablet.

Evernote came preinstalled on this Tablet, and I found it in a folder called Samsung in the App-Section.

Many, many thanks for this.  That was indeed my problem - Evernote had been already installed and I simply didn't know both that it *was* installed; nor did I know that the apps were located in the Samsung directory.

I'm a happy camper!

Thanks to all for the assistance!

dwayne

• 1 year later...

Don't know if something has changed since I last installed anything on Android,  but once you have downloaded and installed an app,  you should be able to go to a page which shows all the apps installed on your device and use the app icon to launch that app.  There's no need to 'install' anything but the software unless you want to have an icon on your home screen,  or you want to use a 'widget' which has quick links to notes or to other features within Evernote. Try checking your device manuals to confirm how you get to the Apps menu.  Evernote will be in there somewhere - the menu can be sorted in order of installation,  in which case the icon will be at the end;  or alphabetically in which case start at the beginning!

Hi,

I've successfully installed Evernote on my new Samsung Galaxy S4, I see the icon in downloaded applications, but can't open and use it as well. Also can't move the icon to my home screen. 

• Level 5*

Hi,

I've successfully installed Evernote on my new Samsung Galaxy S4, I see the icon in downloaded applications, but can't open and use it as well. Also can't move the icon to my home screen. 

Hi - just answered this somewhere else. Please don't multiple post...

Archived