EvernoteCleanup.exe

Welcome to the forum :)

As I understand it, I think EvernoteCleanup is what is used to uninstall Evernote. Possibly even being a more thorough way to do so than via the control panel. Assuming I remember right of course.

Either way, I doubt it is something you will need to worry about. For the most part, Evernote.exe is the only one you need to worry about, since it interacts with/uses the others. 

Scott

• Level 5*

Either way, I doubt it is something you will need to worry about. For the most part, Evernote.exe is the only one you need to worry about, since it interacts with/uses the others.

And ENScript.exe...

...and ENRegEd.exe

:)

• 2 years later...
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, MeLoveEvernoteLongTime said:

Any ideas or comments?

You could try contacting support, but it's very unlikely that EvernoteCleanup.exe was infected when it came out of the installer. You should check to see how the virus got into your computer in the first place...

• Level 5*
9 minutes ago, dconnet said:

It's probably a false-positive. Assuming the exe is still properly signed (and something didn't corrupt it)

Its great to hear from an Evernote employee on this, and I agree that it's probably a false-positive
but can you give @MeLoveEvernoteLongTime something more conclusive that "probably"

Archived