Multiple copies of PDF after make anotations

Hi people

I am just starting with evernote and I really want to master it, but sorry if my doubt is too newby yet heh

Each time I open a pdf from evernote and edit it  (or even when I don´t edit it, just opening it),

it creates another pdf named "Nameoffile (1)",

if I edit this one (or open) again, when I open it again from Evernote, it will create  other new file called "Nameoffile (2)"

and continually this number of archives will increment each time I open the pdf from evernote.

All this files are stored in Attachments

I tried with both files hosted online, and files only stored locally, synchronizing before open them, and I do not see where the problem is, I just have more and more duplicates of the same file each time I open the pdf

In the screenshot, see how it happens with several files

Thank you :)

post-186549-0-62412500-1394378936_thumb.

Hi people

I am just starting with evernote and I really want to master it, but sorry if my doubt is too newby yet heh

Each time I open a pdf from evernote and edit it  (or even when I don´t edit it, just opening it),

if I edit this one (or open) again, when I open it again from Evernote, it will create  other new file called "Nameoffile (2)"

and continually this number of archives will increment each time I open the pdf from evernote.

I tried with both files hosted online, and files only stored locally, synchronizing before open them, and I do not see where the problem is, I just have more and more duplicates of the same file each time I open the pdf

It's always helpful to mention what client you're using.  It sounds like you may be using the Windows desktop client.  If so, you do not open the attachment from the attachment folder.  That's not "opening it from within Evernote" & that's what's causing your problem.  Please see this thread.

Hi people

It's always helpful to mention what client you're using.  It sounds like you may be using the Windows desktop client.  If so, you do not open the attachment from the attachment folder.  That's not "opening it from within Evernote" & that's what's causing your problem.  Please see this thread.

Thank you,

I read the thread, and I use windows

The case posted there is exactly like mine, and so for now, looks normal that they are not autodeleted, so I will just clean the temporal files in attachments from time to time.

The case posted there is exactly like mine, and so for now, looks normal that they are not autodeleted, so I will just clean the temporal files in attachments from time to time.

To clarify, the remaining files are not the cause of the problem. That's a different but related problem. The problem is opening a file from the hard drive instead of viewing the note in Evernote & double clicking the attachment icon in the note (which opens the file that's in the Evernote SQL database).

But I open the files directly from Evernote, I mean, I just search my note, and open the pdf from there with double clik. I don't open the files from attachments.

I have just tried, and each time I open it, close it, and open again, it creates a new name, and therefore in attachments a new file appears

Archived