Expanded vs non-expanded views

Hello Evernote designers,

How about making all views in the Evernote Windows and Mac expandable?

This would be very handy, as I would love to keep Evernote open at all times, with the Side List View but expanded.

This would be the equivalent of how the Sparrow email app behaves: expanded view and double click to open email.

sparrow_1_ad_sep_window.png

Advantages: 

- Much cleaner. All views would be expandable, so no need to have them twice like "Card view" and "Expanded Card View" in the dropdown. 

- More flexibility. Expanding can be assigned a shortcut with left and right key, just like the Sparrow email app.

- More ways to view notes for the user, without more complexity!

Thanks!

__

MatMontre

Game Designer and Evernote fan

Hmmm, I could actually really get behind having something along these lines as an option. With certain views, there can be a lot of redundant information, especially if the user has double-clicked a note to bring it out of the main window. I suppose this isn't too different from OS X's mail application (and many others), though Mail gives the option of collapsing the email preview pane just as you are requesting here. 

With certain views, there can be a lot of redundant information, especially if the user has double-clicked a note to bring it out of the main window. 

True, I noticed it too, when double clicking on a note the embedded preview pane is really redundant with the new separated window.

Archived