Less passive/more two-way comm on business?

wolf_walker

Idea

We've been using business at work now for a week or two, still fiddling with it, but there is a glairing deffeciency or two for our usage scenario.

I was hoping more experienced users could either suggest another product or a better way to make this one work for us.

We are a small company, under a dozen people usually.

We have sales staff, fullfilment staff, shipping staff.

The issue is basically if I put a note on a notebook belonging to one of the fullfilment staff,

there is no way for me to get a response from that note, or an alert that a reply was made or that

it was updated, and if I do happen across it again I can't tell who typed what.

That sounds sorta simplistic, but it's a big deal.  It looks to me like evernote just isn't made\

to be used that way, it's very good at what it does, but unless I'm missing something this just isn't

the sort of thing it does.

Thoughts/suggestions?

thanks...

12 replies to this idea

We're at about the same stage in evolution, similar situation. Have you played with permissions under business notes section? 

Have not looked at permissions but I will shortly.

Cool, good luck.

Took me a while to get my head around it.

Permission controls differ depending which section your in i.e. personal against business notes and the control icons provide a different features.

Business notes (Grey) would be the area you need to spend some time looking at.  

I'm working on desktop version on a Mac.

post-184091-0-82967900-1394126893_thumb.

That's a bit odd. Close the application and re-open.

When you rollover the notebook under the notebooks section you should see a box with arrow icon, this provide you with the sharing facility for that notebook.

Or click the group icon, as shown above.

Shairing I've got, I've shared all the business notebooks with my business users.

We have a big pile of notebooks we can all choose to join, or not, but now as

management or sales-guy, I give a task to one of these notebooks/users, and

it's just there.  Unless I remember (haha) every task I gave and go back and check every

one of them, they never come up on my radar again.

Okay.

Have you tried playing with the permission control i.e. activity against modification? it should work both ways but perhaps worth a try?

I've seen it, but I set most all that was shared with the company to view and edit, the idea being they could respond to requests/tasks.

But if they do, it leads to the problem we seem to have.  I guess I could make it view only and have them respond via another channel, but

that's not much better than what we had before.

I'm also about to run out of post count for the day being a new user. 

I understand. I'll do some testing this end and report back. To be honest i'm expecting it to work out of the box... fingers crossed else i'll be in the same boat...

I've not used these options as yet but perhaps worth a try... these are only available under grey notebooks, click the cog to access.

post-184091-0-38372400-1394128108_thumb.

• Level 5*

I don't think Evernote is a good solution for any process that requires multiple people and a workflow.

If you have information that you have to share then I think it's a good fit.

I'm a big Evernote fan, but for task management at my company we use JIRA from Atlassian, you know why? Because it's built to be a task/workflow manager and has all the tools you need it to have. 

I don't think Evernote is a good solution for any process that requires multiple people and a workflow.

If you have information that you have to share then I think it's a good fit.

I'm a big Evernote fan, but for task management at my company we use JIRA from Atlassian, you know why? Because it's built to be a task/workflow manager and has all the tools you need it to have. 

Good to know, thanks for the input Metrodon. 

If you wish to be reminded about changes to the Note, you must ensure the Business note is shared and in turn that you tick the box on the option "subscribe to reminders"

You will get notifications sent when changes are made.  Will the note highlight the changes.. Not that I am aware of.

I also think that for a document control or audit purpose Evernote is not fit for your requirements in that respect.

Archived