(Archived) Searching in attached PDFs

TdeV

Hi, this maybe sounds silly, but can you tell me how to search through an attachment (pdf) from the Evernote desktop application? If it matters, I'm a premium user. I have Adobe Acrobat professional, so if I open the pdf in Adobe, I know how to run a search there, but I'm trying to avoid all that extra (unnecessary) activity.

This use case is very simple. I use the List view and I'm on a note which has an attachment using whatever the pdf tool is part of EN. When I type Control-F a search box pops up but invariably at some point in the typing, the characters will start appearing at the top of the note (above the attachment which is displayed in-line). This has happened enough times that I know for sure that it is not my accidental keystroke typing.

Is there a way to get Control-F to work? Something else?

TIA for your help :)

Yes Gazumped, the new 5.2 EN highlights the selected word, which is much more sensible.

However, typing into the search function still produces the same error:

Control-F, type "morri" and "s" appears in the top of the note above the pdf.

Should I report this to Support?

• Level 5*

Doesn't happen to me in Windows 8 64-bit,  but certainly raise a support ticket - I tried a few searches,  and it seems that when a search term is not found some letters from the rest of the search term wind up in the note as a sort of overflow.  Mostly though when the search is successful all I get is highlights.

Archived