Data inside not got deleted; Did not delete it!

Hi,

So i was working on something this morning and my data accidentally 'evaporated'. Yes, i didn't even delete the data or the note. Was trying to copy-paste an image inside the note to another location within the same note, and BOOM!, everything is deleted. I don't know how this happened. I checked the trash folder but it wasn't there. Funny thing is that the particular note i am talking about, is still there. It's just that everything i wrote it inside it, isn't there.

Please help. Thanks!

Hi,

So i was working on something this morning and my data accidentally 'evaporated'. Yes, i didn't even delete the data or the note. Was trying to copy-paste an image inside the note to another location within the same note, and BOOM!, everything is deleted. I don't know how this happened. I checked the trash folder but it wasn't there. Funny thing is that the particular note i am talking about, is still there. It's just that everything i wrote it inside it, isn't there.

Please help. Thanks!

It sounds like you selected the data in the note & then deleted or cut. You could try creating a new note & pasting, in case you did a cut.

What client are you using? If you used anything other than the web client & have not sync'd, you could log onto the web client & email the note back to yourself (directly to your EN account using your unique EN email address found in settings). You need to email it b/c when you sync, the original one will be changed to the blank note. Otherwise...

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/39082-anyway-you-can-restore-evernote-to-a-certain-date/?p=211605

Maybe i did that. It just was so weird.

My evernote was synced. The web client also shows the note, but empty.

With regards to the premium option : How often do you believe evernote makes note history? I was working on this note since today morning. It only makes sense for me if i can retrieve data for that note. 

Thanks!

Evernote's write-up when you invoke the Note History screen says "Several times each day"... others on the forum have speculated every 8 hours or so. I think every few hours might be more accurate. Certainly not granular, but it has helped me in a few instances. More often would be even better of course, though this would require considerably more resources on Evernote's end.

Archived