Deciphering "Evernote is syncing your notes" message

soundsgoodtome

Idea

3 replies to this idea

Screenshot attached. Each time I see this message, I experience cognitive dissonance. Correct me if I'm wrong, but as worded, don't buttons 2 and 3 produce an identical result? :)

It appears to me the first option is to stop syncing & quit Evernote. The second appears to cancel the quitting of Evernote (instead of not quitting a sync). The third option would appear to be finish syncing & then quit Evernote. IOW, quitting is related to Evernote, not syncing.

• Level 5*

Screenshot attached. Each time I see this message, I experience cognitive dissonance. Correct me if I'm wrong, but as worded, don't buttons 2 and 3 produce an identical result?   :)

Good point!   Seems to me there should be a clear, binary choice:

• Quit without further syncing
  • Finish Sync then Quit

Since Evernote starts up very fast, I see no need to include other options.

IAC, the Button captions should be made more clear.

Screenshot attached. Each time I see this message, I experience cognitive dissonance. Correct me if I'm wrong, but as worded, don't buttons 2 and 3 produce an identical result? :)

It appears to me the first option is to stop syncing & quit Evernote. The second appears to cancel the quitting of Evernote (instead of not quitting a sync). The third option would appear to be finish syncing & then quit Evernote. IOW, quitting is related to Evernote, not syncing.

If indeed that's the case, the third button is mislabeled: It should say "Finish Sync, Then Quit." :-)

Archived