(Archived) Scrolling by mous wheel not work in Tags section if section has no focus

radioagent

About Evernote for Windows pre-release 5.2.0.2775

Usercase:

1. type something in note
2. move mouse pointer to TAGS section
3. Try to scroll tags section by mous wehel
4. ups     ...        you should use scroll bar     ...... :((

I think that in previous versions it was worked.

I use mouse for dropping tags to note. But now i can't scroll tag section. it is very unuseful :(

And again and again: we need colored icons near notebooks. In ither case it is impossible to find difference between tags and notebooks.

Additional, please, show arrows in notebooks tree. Do not hide it. It is very unuseful :(

All changes in Evernote 5 are fashion, but also are not userfreandly :(

Thank you for work!

• Level 5*

Hi - more information please on various points - 

I have the same version.  If you click once in Tags (or on Tags) that will select the focus, and scrolling works just fine.

The Tags listing is separate from the Notebooks area so I don't see why you need colours to differentiate between them.  I agree colours would help identify specific notebooks or tags,  but again you have Stacks to help with this..

Arrows do show in the notebook tree to indicate a stack.  Did you mean to show the expanded list rather than arrows?

I have the same version.  If you click once in Tags (or on Tags) that will select the focus, and scrolling works just fine.

Hi!

I use tags very actively. I use drag and drop for specifying tags in note in some notebook. As a rule it is INBOX notebook and i specifying tags for several notes (step by step). If i will click ON Tag i will lost current notebook and will lost current note. In this case i can't use drag and drop. So, currently i should aim at very small fields, such as scrollbar or area without any tags or other controls. It is not so easy and it is absolutely not useful :( I think that it is not hard task for developers to catch position of pointer and process wheel actions. And i think that in past it have worked. i must feel dicomfort early.

The Tags listing is separate from the Notebooks area

I have long list of notebooks and long list of tags. When i scroll all this tree i am find this separation only after several attempts (scroll up, scroll down, scroll up, scroll down :( ) Plane design is good, but color and other separation of different information more effective and useful. Additionally, sometimes notebooks and tags can have alike names. And there is no any visual different between these elements....

but again you have Stacks to help with this..

I have stacks  in notebooks and in tags.

Arrows do show in the notebook tree to indicate a stack.  Did you mean to show the expanded list rather than arrows?

Yes, i know. But in Evernote arrows are visible only if mous pointer located in notebook's area. It is strange solution which not allow me to have higher speed of finding information...

I agree that these things are small. But in the past these thing was more better. I do not wish my favorite software to be worser.

• Level 5*

The scroll bars apply to the entire left panel, not just the Tags section.

The note list (Snippet View anyways) will scroll if you hover the mouse over it, even though it doesn't have focus.

The left panel doesn't scroll if you hover over it; you need to give it focus first (by clicking on some element contained in the panel).

The left panel should probably behave like the note list in this respect.

• 2 weeks later...

Wasn't scrolling in the left panel possible in prior versions?  I know I used to be able to do that since I have a very long list of notebooks and it was convenient to scroll the left panel when I wanted to move notes from their default notebook.

Now I can't do that and it's very irritating.  At the very least there should be an option to turn the scrolling on or off.  As it is now, if I want to move a note, I either have to change focus or use the move function, which by itself is less than elegant.

• Level 5*

Scrolling in the left panel works when it has focus and if the content is longer than the displayed list.  Scrolling has never worked (AFAIK) when that area doesn't have focus.  To move a note use the 'i' info icon and the scrolling drop-down,  or click and drag it from the list view across to the notebooks list.

Scrolling has never worked (AFAIK) when that area doesn't have focus.

It is not true. See this message: http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/54271-scrolling-by-mous-wheel-not-work-in-tags-section-if-section-has-no-focus/#entry263629

You can check it, scrolling of note list work without focus.

This problem look like a bug. And i am think that in previous versions scrolling of tags and notebooks was worked.

It is not true. See this message: http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/54271-scrolling-by-mous-wheel-not-work-in-tags-section-if-section-has-no-focus/#entry263629

This problem look like a bug. And i am think that in previous versions scrolling of tags and notebooks was worked.

It definitely did since, as I've mentioned above, that's how I moved things from the default notebook to the proper category notebook.  It's so much of a reflex for me that I was wondering if I had done something wrong.  It was only once I remembered having done a recent update that it occurred to me that this was a change in the software.

I hope it's just a bug and not a new "feature" since when you have a very long list of notebooks, it's very cumbersome to keep swithching the focus back and forth.  I don't think I ever would have become such an avid Evernote user if I'd had to deal with that from the beginning so even if it is a new "feature" I hope they either change it back to the way it worked before or at least give you the option to.

• Level 5*

It definitely did since, as I've mentioned above, that's how I moved things from the default notebook to the proper category notebook.  It's so much of a reflex for me that I was wondering if I had done something wrong.  It was only once I remembered having done a recent update that it occurred to me that this was a change in the software.

I hope it's just a bug and not a new "feature" since when you have a very long list of notebooks, it's very cumbersome to keep swithching the focus back and forth.  I don't think I ever would have become such an avid Evernote user if I'd had to deal with that from the beginning so even if it is a new "feature" I hope they either change it back to the way it worked before or at least give you the option to.

The proper thing to do at this point is to report it as a support request. See the link in my signature.

Archived