Alternative for KustomNote?

MikekiM

Looking for an alternative app to create and use custom note templates.  I've been using KustomNote, but the support is anemic at best.  I have created a handful of note templates but have found there is no way to delete older unused templates.  The Delete icon does nothing.  KustomNote support does nothing to help.

Something similar to KustomNote, with Evernote integration, would be perfect.  

IOS integration is strongly preferred..  

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for an alternative app to create and use custom note templates.  I've been using KustomNote, but the support is anemic at best.  I have created a handful of note templates but have found there is no way to delete older unused templates.  The Delete icon does nothing.  KustomNote support does nothing to help.

I'm in the same boat. I don't know if I've ever seen worse customer support than KustomNote. Great concept, terrible execution. We badly need an alternative. 

Agreed. Had to spend an hour or more trying to track down the developer. He hasn't tweeted since he got a full time gig at Amazon. I suspect he's not doing anything on KustomNote any more but hasn't bothered (like many) to make it official. I sent an email asking if it was still going but no answer. 
Shame because it had potential. If I find anything I'll let you know but seems we can't rely on using this as the lights could go out any time and our templates would disappear :-(

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

This is Hussein, the founder of KustomNote. I sincerely apologize for the cut off period. I had a really hard time lately and things weren't playing to our advantage.

First, I was planning to quit everything to focus fulltime on KustomNote to serve you all honoring your trust and reliance on us but I couldn't given the immigration laws of the USA. 

Second, I had to leave the company that I was working for in Virginia and I was fortunate to get such an amazing opportunity at an incredible company like Amazon but we had to move our life from the east-coast to the north west coast during that time.

Third and the most devastating thing was that I lost my mother to cancer, again over that same period of time. Without being selfish and focused on losing her, I'm happy that she is in a much better place now not having to struggle with such an ugly fatal disease. May her soul rest in peace..

After I have clarified all of what had happened, I want to assure you all that KustomNote will continue on and it will flourish. My co-founders are taking the lead on development and maintenance and we have already hired two incredible agents for customer support and social media to solve any problems, make sure we are promptly responsive and answer any question or concern. We are in the process now of raising capital and I promise you all that you will be amazed by the new release for web and mobile. 

If you have any new features, ideas, fixes or enhancements in mind, please send us an email to founders@kustomnote.com  If you are having any support questions or problems please send an email to help@kustomnote.com

Sincerely,

- Hussein 

Hussein, I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss.

All the other changes are stressful and hard to move past in and of themselves, but losing a loved one is beyond difficult...I wish you hadn't had to deal with so many major life changes at the same time. I don't know you, but I think I can safely assure you that your mother knew how much you loved her and that she is proud of you.

Please, do take the time to look after yourself and your family. Forget about the app. You have done all that you can and all that is reasonable. Now it's time to focus on grieving and healing.

Best wishes.

Hi everyone,

This is Hussein, the founder of KustomNote. I sincerely apologize for the cut off period. I had a really hard time lately and things weren't playing to our advantage.

First, I was planning to quit everything to focus fulltime on KustomNote to serve you all honoring your trust and reliance on us but I couldn't given the immigration laws of the USA.

Second, I had to leave the company that I was working for in Virginia and I was fortunate to get such an amazing opportunity at an incredible company like Amazon but we had to move our life from the east-coast to the north west coast during that time.

Third and the most devastating thing was that I lost my mother to cancer, again over that same period of time. Without being selfish and focused on losing her, I'm happy that she is in a much better place now not having to struggle with such an ugly fatal disease. May her soul rest in peace..

After I have clarified all of what had happened, I want to assure you all that KustomNote will continue on and it will flourish. My co-founders are taking the lead on development and maintenance and we have already hired two incredible agents for customer support and social media to solve any problems, make sure we are promptly responsive and answer any question or concern. We are in the process now of raising capital and I promise you all that you will be amazed by the new release for web and mobile.

If you have any new features, ideas, fixes or enhancements in mind, please send us an email to founders@kustomnote.com If you are having any support questions or problems please send an email to help@kustomnote.com

Sincerely,

- Hussein

Thanks so much for your message and feelings Wordsgood, I really appreciate it.. 

I would really love to help with anything and again I promise that we're back on full speed and we really owe it you all for our success so far.. Thanks a lot!

Has anyone tried creating a Form Template in Word from scratch using Tables, then, copy/paste into a Note?

It works for me just fine.

Would this fit your needs or not?

Any comments would be appreciated.

This is what I've been doing for some time now. I love Word!

Hussein, you are most welcome. :)

Looking for an alternative app to create and use custom note templates. I've been using KustomNote, but the support is anemic at best. I have created a handful of note templates but have found there is no way to delete older unused templates. The Delete icon does nothing. KustomNote support does nothing to help.

Has anyone tried creating a Form Template in Word from scratch using Tables, then, copy/paste into a Note?

It works for me just fine.

Would this fit your needs or not?

Any comments would be appreciated.

Hussein, thank you for taking the time to respond here and for reconnecting with KustomNote.  It's a tool that still use often and would love to see progress.  My thoughts go out to you during these challenging times.  

Archived