(Archived) Email notifications when a note was added?

I would like to get an email notification whenever a new note has been added. I send new notes through my Windows Mobile device.

Is this functionality present? If not, can it be added through the API?

This option isn't currently supported. Could you explain a bit about the reason you want email notification when you add a note to your account? I'd assume you were already aware of adding the note...?

Thanks

An example. Say I am laying in bed getting ready to sleep and I need to remember I have a specific task the next day. I jot a note on my phone and it gets sent to Evernote. Next day I need to remember this. Without the email, I have to remember I jotted a note the previous night. Often.. My mind is too busy to remember this.

I already use a very similar reminder mechanism using voice. I use dial2do.com. I call a number and leave a message which gets transcribed and sent to my email address. Very handy when my hands are not free like during driving.

abdu

What would work even better for me than the email notification is a solution where when I send a note, my Outlook gets an automatic reminder the next day. When I get to work, the reminder popup is already displaying and I can work on it or snooze it on demand. This way I will never forget a task. I don't have to check a website or a TO DO list. While an email would work where I would manually create an Outlook reminder, if I can automate the whole process, it will save me time.

I haven't checked the EverNote API but if it can send an email upon a note addition, Outlook, through its API, can insert a reminder upon the arrival of an email which is formatted in a specific way for a custom Outlook function to do its work.

• 9 months later...

I would like this feature not to remind myself, but to notify other people on a shared notebook that I have added something new. Otherwise, I have to create a separate email or text message to tell them that I've saved something new in the shared notebook and they should go look at it... which they tend NOT to do, without having an email reminder sent to them with a hyperlink directly to the shared notebook on evernote web.

For sharing notes with team members and for sharing gift wishlists or grocery shopping lists with others... this would be a great feature!!

• 3 months later...

I already use a very similar reminder mechanism using voice. I use dial2do.com. I call a number and leave a message which gets transcribed and sent to my email address. Very handy when my hands are not free like during driving.

abdu

I use the voice2note-integration, working fine with evernote. For a better task-management i need an automatic process, emailing the transcribed note from evernote to diverse email-adresses. That really would be a plus!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived