What does this little blue corner with an arrow in it mean?

Please indicate what client you are using (windows, Mac, iOS, android).

Try forcing a sync by clicking the sync button. Since the desktop app only syncs every 5+ minutes (depending on your selected preference) you can expect that indicator to be present for at least a few minutes, and it is harmless.

Try forcing a sync by clicking the sync button. Since the desktop app only syncs every 5+ minutes (depending on your selected preference) you can expect that indicator to be present for at least a few minutes, and it is harmless.

Apologies; Android on my phone and Windows desktop.

Do you mean forcing a sync on my phone or on the desktop?

You would initiate a sync on whatever device is displaying that arrow.

You would initiate a sync on whatever device is displaying that arrow.

I have been initiating syncs all day on both my phone and my desktop.

The blue circle remains.

I just had the same problem. In my case, sync failed because my message contained unsupported characters (fancy emoticon in text that I had copied from another app). As soon as I removed them, it synchronized and the blue corner disappeared.

• 1 month later...

I am gettng the same thing and note will not sync. I am not seeing any weird characters at least that I would think would not be supported. 

How do I fix this, been a week and kinda need to work with this note on my PC

I am gettng the same thing and note will not sync. I am not seeing any weird characters at least that I would think would not be supported. 

Perhaps check the activity log on this device to see if that offers any insight. It could be any number of things, including note size, an odd character, attachment size, running out of upload quota etc.

The log should hopefully show you why this note isn't making it to the cloud. 

I have been initiating syncs all day on both my phone and my desktop.

The blue circle remains.

Then it would appear that that particular note is not syncing for some reason. You could try emailing it directly to your EN account (address is found on the web client in settings). That should create a new note on the EN servers that contains that note. Once you've verified it (by logging into the web client & confirming the new, second note is there) & sync'd it down to your Android, you should now have both notes on the Android & be able to delete the original one.

I have found that whenever I have an unresolved issue with Evernote, I just uninstall and reinstall the app.

For me, It is usually the phone client that is the source of the problem.

I have found that whenever I have an unresolved issue with Evernote, I just uninstall and reinstall the app.

If you do this with any unsync'd notes or changes, you may end up losing those new notes/changes.  That's why I suggested to you above about emailing the unsync'd note(s) directly to your EN account.

If you do this with any unsync'd notes or changes, you may end up losing those new notes/changes.  That's why I suggested to you above about emailing the unsync'd note(s) directly to your EN account.

Ahh yes, and this too :)

Archived