Feature Request: auto-prefix for notes

I would to always have the date precede my note titles for better sorting (I know you can sort notes by date, but it's not quite the same). If there was a way to automatically have the current date (or whatever custom text someone may want) added to the note title that would be very helpful.

Not disagreeing with your request, just trying to get a sense of what you might want to do with this. 

For example, if you are only concerned with the date, why not place the "date created" column to the very left BEFORE the note name. As you mention, you can sort by date created, and by orienting the columns this way the date appears to prefix the note title. 

GrumpyMonkey, a regular contributor to these forums (website: http://www.christopher-mayo.com) prefixes his notes with a string of numbers representing the date. Now this isn't as slick as automatically prefixing of course. However, it does offer infinite flexibility in the formatting of the prefix. 

Because I'm using EN on different platforms (Mac, PC and iOS) and each is laid out slightly different, so there would be a different number of steps to take to sort the way I want with each platform. Also, some notebooks I don't want sorted by date, so switching back and forth and doing so on the various platforms is kinda cumbersome. 

Because I'm using EN on different platforms (Mac, PC and iOS) and each is laid out slightly different, so there would be a different number of steps to take to sort the way I want with each platform. Also, some notebooks I don't want sorted by date, so switching back and forth and doing so on the various platforms is kinda cumbersome. 

This is understandable. 

Unfortunately you're stuck in manual territory for the time being! 

• Level 5*

I'm with GrumpyMonkey and Scott on this - I use the created date of notes where I'm lucky enough to create a note on the same day as an 'event' that I'm recording.  Whether or not the created date is the actual date of the event I also use 'yyyymmdd' in the title - means I can search for all the letters I received on a given date;  all the meetings I went to in a given month last year...  the possibilities are considerable.

I'm with GrumpyMonkey and Scott on this - I use the created date of notes where I'm lucky enough to create a note on the same day as an 'event' that I'm recording.  Whether or not the created date is the actual date of the event I also use 'yyyymmdd' in the title - means I can search for all the letters I received on a given date;  all the meetings I went to in a given month last year...  the possibilities are considerable.

That's what I do as well.

Archived