Connecting to services like - IFTTT.com and UberConference

Why can't Evernote Business take advantage of services like IFTTT or UberConference.  I've connected these services and they don't play well with EB.  For example... I want IFTTT to append a note in a business notebook called "Social Media".  This way our marketing team members can all see them.  When IFTTT triggers, it renames the notebook "Social Media(2)", creates a personal notebook called "Social Media" and puts the note in there.  This is funny because even Admins can't rename a notebook and have it sync.

Same goes for UberConference when I try to connect it with a Business Notebook.

Our small business takes advantages of these free services but the service we pay for doesn't play well with them.

• Level 5*

I think that in IFTTT's case, it's rather the other way around, since IFTTT uses the Evernote API to interact with Evernote, as far as I know. I doubt that Evernote distinguishes IFTTT's usage differently from other third-party usages, so if something weird is happening in this use case, it seems that there are several possibilities:

• IFTTT isn't is using the API correctly (or the rules changed) -- this would be my first suspicion
  • there's a bug with respect to the API and Business notebooks
  • Evernote needs to extend its API to cover some case that IFTTT is trying to cover

Have you tried contacting IFTTT about this issue? You might also consider opening a support request with Evernote as well.

Why can't Evernote Business take advantage of services like IFTTT or UberConference.  I've connected these services and they don't play well with EB.  For example... I want IFTTT to append a note in a business notebook called "Social Media".  This way our marketing team members can all see them.  When IFTTT triggers, it renames the notebook "Social Media(2)", creates a personal notebook called "Social Media" and puts the note in there.  This is funny because even Admins can't rename a notebook and have it sync.

Same goes for UberConference when I try to connect it with a Business Notebook.

Our small business takes advantages of these free services but the service we pay for doesn't play well with them.

Can you add a bit of detail on what is happening with Uberconference? Is it also renaming the notebook in the same way that IFTTT does?

• 1 month later...

I am having the same problem.  I have created an IFTTT recipe to place certain emails in Evernote Business.  Instead, it creates a new notebook under personal note books with the same name.  I understand that IFTTT is using the API.  So my question, since it is coming from gmail, it is probably designating the notebook in same manner that email directs notes to the correct note book.  How does one distinguish one notebook from another through API or in the subject line of an email.  That is, how do you tell the API that the notebook is a business notebook.

Thanks

Archived