Inline adding of 'note links'

pendolino

Idea

I've searched and not found this mentioned anywhere online or within the forums.

It would be useful to have inline note links so that a user could select from any note in their existing notebook to link the current note/text to instead of having to go to the target note, click copy note link and then come back and paste it into the current note.

I think this feature would make note links much more fluid and usable for many people and a more prominent feature than it currently is.

3 replies to this idea

I've searched and not found this mentioned anywhere online or within the forums.

It would be useful to have inline note links so that a user could select from any note in their existing notebook to link the current note/text to instead of having to go to the target note, click copy note link and then come back and paste it into the current note.

I think this feature would make note links much more fluid and usable for many people and a more prominent feature than it currently is.

1.  Why limit to just that notebook?

2. The app needs to be able to identify what note you want to link to.  Offhand, I can't think of a better way, since a dropdown box would be horrific when you have a lot of notes. 

I use the Side List View in Evernote. So the second column is a list of the other notes in the notebook I'm currently working in. When I need to grab a note link I use my mouse to hover over the desired note and right click to select "Copy Note Link". I used to left click on the note and the note would switch in the note pane, but right clicking opens the contextual menu without changing the focus of the note you are working with. That makes it pretty much like a popup menu with all the notes listed.

I bring this up because I was not doing it this way prior to a month ago, and I found it frustrating to have the note I'm working on disappear while I was getting the link and then having to bring back the working note to paste the link. 

Archived