Evernote Contacts

Evernote should consider including Evernote Contacts.  That way when one changes to a device w/ a different OS…(IOS,BB10, Android) one can import contacts to device.  Since Evernote can be used on all platforms and offline, one will always have ones contacts available no matter what OS or e-mail service that has Contacts capability one uses.

Evernote should consider including Evernote Contacts. That way when one changes to a device w/ a different OS…(IOS,BB10, Android) one can import contacts to device. Since Evernote can be used on all platforms and offline, one will always have ones contacts available no matter what OS or e-mail service that has Contacts capability one uses.

You can already do this by creating a note for each contact & tag it as a contact or have a notebook called contacts. That's what I do.

• Level 5

...Since Evernote can be used on all platforms and offline, one will always have ones contacts available no matter what OS or e-mail service that has Contacts capability one uses.

I have a Notebook named Acquaintances with individual notes for my friends and business associates. Each note contains a variety of information from the basics (name, phone, cell, address, email) to personalized info (spouse, children, likes and dislikes, past meetings)

I also screen capture info from LinkedIn - which often pulls in the person's photo, current and past employment, education, and skill sets.

And I even exported my entire GMail address book into an Evernote note.

Understood, but having an Evernote note for each contact is a lot of work.  

Say Evernote had Evernote Contacts and you had an Android Device or BB, Evernote could make a copy of all contacts on your phone or Sync your locally stored contacts to Evernote Contacts in a universal contact format…vCard or whatever.  Then, if you switch to an iPhone, you need your contacts from your old android device on your new iPhone…How? You download the Evernote app on your new iPhone, log in and download all your contacts stored on Evernote Contacts to your new iPhone…that's the beauty of Evernote, it is cross platform!

Understood, but having an Evernote note for each contact is a lot of work.

Say Evernote had Evernote Contacts and you had an Android Device or BB, Evernote could make a copy of all contacts on your phone or Sync your locally stored contacts to Evernote Contacts in a universal contact format…vCard or whatever. Then, if you switch to an iPhone, you need your contacts from your old android device on your new iPhone…How? You download the Evernote app on your new iPhone, log in and download all your contacts stored on Evernote Contacts to your new iPhone…that's the beauty of Evernote, it is cross platform!

Simply doing as I posted above does essentially the same thing, since the notes sync across all your devices/computers. But yeah, you'd have to set them all is initially...just as you did when initially setting up your contacts in the first place.

As far as integrating with a specific format, that will probably not happen any time soon, if ever, since it would require specific record types in the EN database.

Archived