Speech to Text icon and function not available on Android Tablet (Transformer TF300T)

I am moving my life to Evernote, and I'm loving it so far.  However, I'm struggling to use the speech-to-text functionality, as in: I have no icon for that function.

I have an Android Tablet, Asus Transformer Pad TF300T, running android 4.1.1.  I have installed and uninstalled and reinstalled Evernote, and am running version 5.7.1.

I have searched the forums with my best Google skills, searched the web with Google, and then Bing just in case (I do NOT choose Bing, unlike the commercials.  Those fools!)  But I cannot find this problem.  I have seen screenshots of this working on android devices, and have viewed YouTube videos of people using it with great joy.  I want great joy.  Unfortunately, I have no "microphone in a comical thought cloud" thing as somebody described it.  I can record voice memos in a new note.  But following every instruction I can find, I cannot find the "speech to text" icon, and cannot get speech to text to work.

I refuse to shop for Valentine's Day until I have this problem solved.  I worry that not having speech to text on my ASUS Transformer TF300T will ruin my relationship.  Save me!

Thank you in advance for your kind consideration.  Evernote rocks.

• 2 weeks later...

I can hear crickets chirping.  It's so lonely in this question!  Maybe it's a sticky situation -- or maybe my threat to not shop for Valentine's Day was taken by some as a cry for help?

I have since decided to try out OneNote, and purchase Dragon Voice for a robust experience.  I can record voice memos on any device and have Dragon transcribe them for me later.  That gets me out of the problem above, but maybe the Evernote fans out there have an answer for everybody else viewing this question?

• 7 months later...

I can hear crickets chirping.  It's so lonely in this question!  Maybe it's a sticky situation -- or maybe my threat to not shop for Valentine's Day was taken by some as a cry for help?

I have since decided to try out OneNote, and purchase Dragon Voice for a robust experience.  I can record voice memos on any device and have Dragon transcribe them for me later.  That gets me out of the problem above, but maybe the Evernote fans out there have an answer for everybody else viewing this question?

I have gone through the same exhaustive search as has Woofting.  Downloading the widget doesn't change anything.  I still do not have the Speech to Text option available in my Android v4.4.2.  I suspect the culprit is my new LG G3 phone?  Does this phone's uniquely higher resolution have anything to do with it?  Does this phone have a "tablet" aspect to it which makes my problem the same as Woofting's?

• Level 5*

There's no speech-to-text in my Windows Desktop,  but my Android Samsung GS3 has these options -

post-63053-0-73835000-1413380700_thumb.j

It may be phone specific,  or because I'm running the beta version which should come to public release soon...

• 2 months later...

I have it on my s5 as well and can place a widget for it on the phone's home screens to open a note in speech to text moDe. Maybe I'm being greedy wanting a shortcut icon within evernote! However the engine ain't that flash-haven't used it long enough to either learn is language or it mine. I also have dragon dictate on a digital recorder so l will compare the two and comment back here. At least the dragon does purport to learn my accent. I note the s4/s5 internal speech to text engine is also pretty ordinary apart from really simple phrases or heaps of repetition.

• 9 months later...

Archived