Big problems when buying evernote products

I have just made the fatal mistake of ordering the Jot Script pen from Evernote in the UK I received and email stating the Pen was £49 and thought OK went to the evernote site went through the order procedure tried to check onto the delivery price it said "No Options Available" so I thought OK it will be coming from the UK as it was stated in £'s so I placed the order.

To my horror Evernote without my permission charged me £45 for delivery! So I immediately thought crazy I will cancel the order nope you can't do that I had a chat conversation with someone at the help desk she was about as much use as a chocolate teapot! All she kept saying was that she would pass mu comments to the marketing team.

In my view it is theft as I did not give Evernote the right to charge me an extra £45 if it was on the order site I would never have placed the order.

I am furious and very disappointed in Evernote that a company with such a reputation would employ such tactics.

So far I have heard nothing and doubt that I will.

So please be warned if you are outside the USA DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM EVERNOTE YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR ITEMS THAT ARE HIDDEN FROM YOU WITH NO OPTION TO CANCEL NO MENTION OF SHIPPING CHARGES THE WILL BE JUST ADDED AND TAKEN WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

As I say my trust in this company has gone.

• Level 5*

Hi - very sorry to hear about your experience.  I'll flag it here for one of the administrators to look at - did you get a support ticket number from your unhelpful help lady?  If you could post that here it will help someone take a look at the details.

Ticket# 353680 that os the ticket number you can probably see why I am upset the postage doubled the price and there is absolutely no mention when you place the order it just gets charged to you card without warning £45 is way excessive I have just bought a collar from the USA fir my Doberman that is way bigger than the Jot Script postage from Tennessee £12!

That I could live with oh yes and the price of the dog collar £50 so same price.

So what is going on unauthorised payments taken no mention on the order form no possibility of cancelling! That in my book is theft or at the very least fraud.

As I say very disappointed as I could have got the same Pen on Amazon in the UK for £49 but went to Evernote as I have been a loyal customer and this is what happens.

Worse still you cant talk to anyone.

So I will warn as many people as I can if you are outside the USA do not order anything from Evernote as they will take any amount they see fit from your credit card and there seems no way to re-dress this.

Incredibly disappointed in a company who I thought had very high ethical standards, I think that is what hurts the most.

Just done the maths I have just paid the equivalent of $155 for a pen advertised at $81 the question is how would you feel if this happened to you and the $74 was just taken from you account no mention on the site no mention before you placed the order nothing.

I feel stupid because I trusted Evernote that is the depressing thing.

A company you put trust in to be honest its marketed that way then this at least with other companies you get the ability to cancel the order which I tried to do immediately and it is just impossible.

• Level 5*

OK thanks for the ticket number - that will help Evernote track this down internally.  If you haven't already done so I'd suggest keeping the pen in its original packing - don't open and use it,  because that would mean you have to keep it - I assume that if Evernote can sort out the pricing,  you'd be happy to actually keep and use the item?

Anyway your complaint is now flagged for more investigation - it may be that something is already in hand from your original phone call;  when the helpline says they'll pass comments on,  it mainly means the query is above their pay grade. Someone else then gets to try and resolve the issue.

With volumes of internet transactions going through each day it can take a few days for queries to rise to the top of the pile.  Evernote is a responsible company,  so I'm sure you'll get further comment from them.  

Don't panic in the meantime though - if you hear no more in 48 hours post here again and we'll rattle some cages.

Thank you for you help you really should be working for them you have been way more helpful than the people at customer support which is rather bizarre in its own way.

So that you and I will let you know what happens of anything.

And the product is not the problem its more to do with the charge being taken without authority or even being told about it that is my problem.

If it was on the site and I would have known I would have bought the Pen from a uk supplier but the email I received was priced in Uk £'s and there was no delivery charge when I placed the order it just appeared on the invoice and as that doubled the price of the pen i was shocked.

So I immediately tried to cancel the order or to talk to someone and got the "chocolate teapot" not sure what the point of a help line or customer service when they do neither.

As I say you have been way more helpful, they MUST publish delivery charges before order placement you sure cannot be allowed just to take money from an account without authority as that must be illegal in pretty much all countries.

Anyway I am where I am and hopefully someone will respond eventually if they don't then I will go into maximum publicity mode warning others just hope it does not come to that and I hope someone gets there act together at Evernote and at the very least makes sure it doesn't happen to others.

But social media can be pretty powerful as we all know.

Thank you for your help

Checked on the ticket, and it looks like we're successfully cancelling the order, and/or rerouting if it makes it out the shipment door.  I'm looking into this--if one of our good friends in the UK could take a screenshot of the order process on your end (just to see how we are pricing at checkout for your particular region) that will give me a bit more information to hand to the team. We're definitely working on building out a stronger confirmation process for orders.

• 1 year later...
  • Level 5*

Hi.  Submit a CS support request by choosing "payment issue" in the first dropdown after logging in here> https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

Post the ticket number you receive here,  and one of the forum admins can look into your order situation.

Premium / Business users also have access to a Chat option (7am-7pm PST weekdays) - click 'continue' on the support page after logging in.

Hi.  Submit a CS support request by choosing "payment issue" in the first dropdown after logging in here> https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

Post the ticket number you receive here,  and one of the forum admins can look into your order situation.

Premium / Business users also have access to a Chat option (7am-7pm PST weekdays) - click 'continue' on the support page after logging in.

Hi gazumped,

I did a complaint - Ticket# 1047891

Archived