[Request] Headings styles and Collapse-expand

Thomas B

Idea

Hi,

I know this feature has been requested many times but I still wanna get my point of view accross and I guess if many people request it has more chance of actually being developped some day.

I would really love to see a pre-formatted style function. I can't understand why it's not already been implemented. Some people argue that it's not a text editor like Word but in this case why can you even change the font size or underline text in Evernote?

Another awesome feature would be a collapse-and-expand function which would allow you to hide or show text in the same way as many websites like FB ("Show more..."). One click on the "link" or some kind of arrow would unfold the text, another click would fold it back. This would be very handy for large texts and would allow a better classification and more clarity. It would also be great for Question-Answers type of notes by allowing to hide the answer.

7 replies to this idea

Yes.  I would like to see 2 or 3 heading styles and the ability to make a table of contents at the top of a note. I prefer Evernote to another service that rhymes with oogle... but I like being able to lay out a note with a table of content  to quickly skip to a certain section of my note.  

I too, would love such features, but I would't hold your breath. Also, it seems to me if they were to offer such advanced word processing features as you've outined in your post, Thomas, the price point would rise as well.

As I said, I love to have such features myself. But for right now I'd happily settle for the current text editor features to always function correctly and to so across all platforms.

Cheers. ☺

IMO you don't need a Word-like editing features in Evernote, but I agree with you that I have the need of a better editor for drafting notes.

For me it will be great to have support for Markdown like you can use in Github or Confluence or something similar, that way you could focus in the content on the note and leave the formatting to the editor.

With the current Evernote editor, using Arial typography and without having a few styles, the notes look awful :S 

Archived