Cannot Highlight PDF File - Mac/Mavericks

lucille

Idea

hello

i have browsed a lot of PDF Highlighting topics here but all seem to be of complaints before Evernote added Highlighting to the mac desktop client.

I am trying to highlight a passage in a PDF note. i select the text and the tool bar on top shows up. then i click on the little Highlight icon and... nothing happens.

why? is it because i am not Premium? the highlight feature works fine on text that i type in a note.

thanks so much!

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5

I am trying to highlight a passage in a PDF note. i select the text and the tool bar on top shows up. then i click on the little Highlight icon and... nothing happens.

why? is it because i am not Premium? the highlight feature works fine on text that i type in a note.

Thanks for posting this. This is a bug and I’ve reported it internally. The highlight button should be disabled when text in a pdf is selected.

In order to highlight text in a pdf, you have three options:

1. Click on the markup button and use the highlighter tool in the markup window.

2. Double click on the pdf icon to open the pdf file in your default pdf app (usually Preview) then highlight the text there.

3. Ctrl-click on the pdf icon and choose ‘Open with’ to choose your favourite pdf app.

Archived