(Archived) Feature request: default tag

chilee

• Level 5*

Why not just sort by tag.  I just click on the "tag" heading to find all that I haven't tagged yet.

That works, but I think the "-tag:*" filter is better because it does exactly what Wordsgood asked for, and because it should be available on all Evernote clients, whereas sort-by-tag isn't (I understand that this topic is tagged for Windows). Moreover, it's often easier to work with when doing tagging. If you're just applying single tags, then when you tag a note, it will disappear from the list, since it no longer matches the filter. Or just do Ctrl+Alt+T to apply multiple tags. Oh, and if you need to do this often (say because you have some auto-import or auto-forwarding service adding untagged content), then you can save it as a shortcut, whereas note list sort cannot be automated like that. Anything else? :)
  • Level 5*

The search "-tag:*" works, although somehow the result also includes tagged Notes.

Not in my testing (just tried it now). Ran -tag:* on my whole note database, came up with 541 notes. Put it in list view, and saw none that had any tags.

Archived