(Archived) Evernote Windows, Any way to have the INFO fields always show (like they used to)

jshanker

Until recently, the CREATED and MODIFIED field (circled in red in the image below) would always show in my notes. Now in their place I see the font, a field which is less interesting to me by several orders of magnitude. ;-)

I can temporarily view these fields by clicking INFO (as in the screenshot) but they go away as soon as I click elsewhere.

Is there any way to make these two critical fields part of my default view again?

--Jason

I9V5tZr.png

http://i.imgur.com/I9V5tZr.png

• Level 5*

The Created and Updated fields will show if they're set (the Created date is always set, as far as I know) and you're not editing the note (you didn't click inside it). If you're actively editing the note, then you are correct, that information is replaced by the editing toolbar. I don't know of any way to change this behavior, though it's possible that there's a registry setting to govern it that I don't know about.

I don't know of any way to change this behavior, though it's possible that there's a registry setting to govern it that I don't know about.

I should have a google alert or something set up on the word Registry :D

There is indeed a setting, one I have used myself, as I find the changing view rather irritating.

Key location: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Evernote\Evernote\AutoShowNoteToolbar

When set to 0, it will show and hide (the created/updated fields) at the press of F8.

Before changing Regsitry values ensure that you have exited Evernote completely via File -> Exit.

(This prevents EN from overwriting your changes later)

More info:

https://www.evernote.com/pub/spgscott/evernote5help#b=8879f6ff-b336-40f1-8fc2-9f43af568ebe&st=p&n=b23d4465-0844-41b6-a33f-0dbc57cfebfd

Archived