(Archived) Reinstalling Windows / Evernote

novacatz

Hi all,

Had to reinstall windows due to hard disk failure.  Wondering is there a way to quickly 'seed' the first Evernote sync --- rather than downloading multiple Gb from the internet I can copy over or otherwise sync via LAN connection from my laptop which has already a synced copy of all my Evernotes.

Hi all,

Had to reinstall windows due to hard disk failure.  Wondering is there a way to quickly 'seed' the first Evernote sync --- rather than downloading multiple Gb from the internet I can copy over or otherwise sync via LAN connection from my laptop which has already a synced copy of all my Evernotes.

After installing EN on the new hard drive, invoke it & log into your account.  It will start to download your notes.  Fully exit EN (making sure there are no elephants in the system tray).  Then find the newly created exb file on the new hard drive & rename it.  (You can delete it later, once you verify everything seems fine.)  Then copy the your-username.exb file from your laptop to the new computer.  Reinvoke Evernote.

(Evernote does not lan sync.)

Archived