(Archived) Formatting toolbar quit working

ambassadeur

Just tried to create my first note of the day. Wanted to create a bullet, but the toolbar icon had no effect. So, I pressed the numeric bullet icon, but nothing. Then a checkbox, nothing. So, I highlighted a word and pressed bold, italic, and underline icons, nothing. The ">" and "<" icons do work, in that they scroll the icons off the screen to the right and back in.

So, I tried to remind myself if there is a plaintext mode; no, and if there was, the toolbar shouldn't be displayed.

So, I powered my phone off and back off again, same result.

I'm using Android 4.3 and Evernote 5.7.1 on a Samsung Galaxy Note 2.  I don't know how long ago I was updated to Evernote 5.7.1.  How does one find that out?  I assume it was overnight, though, as I use Evernote heavily and didn't have this problem last night.

Is anyone else having this problem?

-bc

Well, half a day has gone by; the releases of Android and of Evernote have not changed; I have not rebooted the phone since I posted; and the syndrome has gone away, all by itself.  Ugh.  Something on the server side, I suppose.

I don't know whether to be relieved or alarmed -- in actuality, some of both.

-bc

• Level 5*

Seems like a pretty routine example of Finagles First Law in operation.  "If anything can go wrong it will - usually at the most inopportune time.  And then it'll fix itself at random,  just to mess with your head..."

Archived