Two accounts. One defaults on iPhone, the other on Computer.

Newbie - First post-- no clue what's going on  :( :

I Have two accounts. One on my iPhone and the other on my computer. I started with the first account (Not much in it, but still would still like to transfer that content to the new account. The reason I have tow accounts is that I heard how great Evernote is, immediately started using it, then found an excellent book to help me do it right. The account on the computer defaults to my new account (GREAT--HERE I CAN START FROM SCRATCH). However, my iPhone defaults to my OLD account--which has content quite unorganized) Never the twain shall meet. So far I HAVE NOT downloaded Evernote to my Ipad, before seeing how this turns out. 

>>>>>>>>THE MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE IS TO GET MY IPHONE TO DEFULT TO THE NEW ACCOUNT <<<<<<<

(I won't download the IPAD app until I know it will default to the new account, as well. Can you please help me?

Thank you 

Randy

Newbie - First post-- no clue what's going on :( :

I Have two accounts. One on my iPhone and the other on my computer. I started with the first account (Not much in it, but still would still like to transfer that content to the new account. The reason I have tow accounts is that I heard how great Evernote is, immediately started using it, then found an excellent book to help me do it right. The account on the computer defaults to my new account (GREAT--HERE I CAN START FROM SCRATCH). However, my iPhone defaults to my OLD account--which has content quite unorganized) Never the twain shall meet. So far I HAVE NOT downloaded Evernote to my Ipad, before seeing how this turns out.

>>>>>>>>THE MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE IS TO GET MY IPHONE TO DEFULT TO THE NEW ACCOUNT <<<<<<<

(I won't download the IPAD app until I know it will default to the new account, as well. Can you please help me?

Thank you

Randy

Log out. Then when you log back in, use the credentials for the new account.

Duh!! Thanks. Or so I thought.

I logged out of iPhone Evernote. Won't let me back in with new account ID. Says invalid. I am being real careful.

Would it help to discard the app and re-download from App Store, do you think?

Thanks

Randy

It may. But I doubt it. I know you said you're being careful, but if it's saying the password or user name/email is invalid, it's worth checking again & confirming each character as you type it b/c a downside to iDevices (IME) is you think you typed a b but you really typed an n. Short of that, you should submit a support ticket. (see my sig.). Good luck.

If you want to move any notes from your old account to your new one, the best way (IMO) to do this is to log into the old account, select the note(s) you want to move, then export them to an enex file.  Then log out of the old account & import the enex file.

Short answer:

On the work computer, create a temporary/work notebook. Move all the notes you want to remove from the work account to the temporary notebook. Select all the notes in the temporary notebook & export the notes to enex format. Transfer the enex file to your home computer (flash drive, Dropbox, whatever.) Import the enex file to your home account. Once you've verified all the notes are at home, at work, delete the temporary notebook & all the notes it contains. Then empty the trash. I believe this should retain/create any tags that were assigned on the work computer/account on your home computer, when the notes are imported.

Long answer:

In addition to the above, if you want to retain the notebook names from the work computer, you'd need to create a tag for each notebook the note was originally in & assign that tag to the notes before exporting them to enex. IE, if some notes were in a notebook called "Project A", create a tag called "notebook - project A" & assign that tag. Then when the notes are imported on the home computer/account, you can create notebook "Project A" & move all notes with the tag "notebook - project A" to that notebook. You can then delete the tag "notebook - project A"

An alternative to tagging the notes with the notebook name before exporting from the old account is to simply export the notes from each notebook to a different enex file. IOW, select all the notes from the 'work' notebook & export to EN_work.enex Then select all the notes in the 'home' notebook & export to EN-home.enex

Archived