searching within a string

Hello all;

Is there a way to search within a string of characters, specifically within the title?

I've entered information in this format: ##XXX## (for the curious, its a date format I prefer)

What I would like to find is the "XXX" but the only way Search has been successful is if I include the specific ## before it, i.e. search for "01XXX*", "02XXX*", etc.

I have tried "*XXX*" & "??XXX*", neither of which worked.

Thanks in advance for the help!

R

Hello all;

Is there a way to search within a string of characters, specifically within the title?

I've entered information in this format: ##XXX## (for the curious, its a date format I prefer)

What I would like to find is the "XXX" but the only way Search has been successful is if I include the specific ## before it, i.e. search for "01XXX*", "02XXX*", etc.

R

To search the title only, use:

Intitle:"my search term"

Additionally...

FWIW, a sequence of numbers, letters & the underscore constitute a word. Everything else is a delimiter. EN does not search for arbitrary occurrences of words - only the beginning of words. IOW, if you search on 'note', you will note find 'Evernote'. If you search on 'ever*', you will find 'Evernote'.

• Level 5*

Hello all;

R

Inside Evernote? No.

On Windows? No.

On the Mac? Yes. Download HoudahSpot (there is a free trial) and give it a try. I can search and find partial titles and/or terms within notes. It's nice to have a range of apps available on the Mac to work with the data in your notes. I probably get the most use out of DevonThink and HoudahSpot when it comes to searching.

Archived