How I take notes with Evernote (Engineering)

Eliss

Hello everyone!

I would like to tell you how I take notes with evernote, in my math and physics classes. 

I spent a lot of time trying to find a way to take notes, in class, with my netbook.

My first problem was: How could I type math formulas into my PC as fast as I do with paper and pen?

I was starting to think it would be impossible, and I would be forced to keep using my notebooks, and spend a lot of time scanning/typing them.

But then, I found this pretty add-on for evernote (all info here https://eatags.com/feat.latex), and everything went right.

During class, I type math formulas in LaTex code (I suggest you learn it, even at a basic level, it can be really really useful), then I sync my notes and, at home, I find them full of pretty formulas! 

The second problem was easier to solve: how could I draw graphics and put them into my notes? 

You can use the Skitch tool. It's really simple to use, and it's aesthetically pleasing.

I suggest, during the lesson, to draw really fast and to readjust your graph when you are at home.

Another useful trick, to insert professional graphs into your note, it's to use wolfram alpha and do a snapshot of the graph.

I hope you find this useful (and forgive my poor english, pleaseee!)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived