Feature request: clipper icon shows if active page already clipped

Nick Brown

Idea

It would help to know if the active web page has previously been clipped. Often, one will Google a topic, and then end up back on a page one has clipped, but it is not always easy to remember if it has been clipped or not. The clipper icon could change color or shading to indicate that the active page has been clipped.

4 replies to this idea

Thank you for your reply. If I understand correctly, the options you are talking about can be reached through the desktop application, under Tools > Clipping Preferences. There is a check box that says "Do not show the "New Clip" dialog. I have the box unchecked, so I always see the Related Results page after clipping.

The feature I am interested would let me know in advance of clipping a page whether it was already clipped. I want to avoid taking the time to clip a page that has already been clipped.

Web Clipper doesn't indicate if you are visiting a page that you have already clipped (at this point at least).

The use case you described started with a Google search. When the Related results feature is enabled Web Clipper will search Evernote at the same time as you search Google, Bing or Yahoo. And bring up Related results from Evernote in a UI widget on the search results page.  

Archived