Why im not premium (windows, android)

I love evernote; it changed the way i do lots of things, i tell about it to everyone i know (i should start using referrals perhaps), i use it daily, it easily sits amongst my most used apps. It doesnt have all the features id like in one place (reasons i use one note and others for things like mood boards) but i have hope it will sooner or later.

Still i always think twice into going premium, and im always holded off. The reason is simple: the focus on Mac(and ios).

Its almost unbelievable how long it took for evernote 5 to come to windows, or the android app to be updated, both platforms always behind; Theres a range of usefull apps for ios only that have long desired features- like handwriting, severely hindering its use on my tablet. To this day my evernote on windows hangs from time to time, sometimes at the worst times...

Im passionate about many things that i love supporting, from donations to kickstarters, but seeing these performance hiccups still around and paying for something to be always behind on features is no-go for me. The sad thing is that is im tempted to go premium frequently, if it weren't such an amazing service id would have ditched it for alternatives long ago like i generaly do. Only thing holding me is this.

Am i alone on this subject? Are there any official positions on why this is the case? Is the user base(or paying userbase) that much larger on ios/mac then on other platforms?

• Level 5*

I find the Mac vs Windows vs iOS vs Android topic to be amusing, and any conclusions drawn on relative development to be ill-considered. The Windows client has features that the Mac client does not (and the "version 5" issue just seems to have been an unfortunate confluence of events). The Android client gets updates very frequently. To my mind, this is just a "grass is greener" issue; lots of Mac and iOS folks complain about how their clients are behind the others. 

If you're talking about 3rd-party apps that use Evernote, that's a different question. Evernote doesn't make those apps. Anyway, by-and-large, I use Evernote straight up (Windows and Android, mind you -- Windows usage more frequent), and don't rely on 3rd-party apps, and I find Evernote to be very useful as it is.

The company's official position, as far as I can tell, is what you'd expect: "we love all of our clients equally".

I love evernote; it changed the way i do lots of things, i tell about it to everyone i know (i should start using referrals perhaps), i use it daily, it easily sits amongst my most used apps. It doesnt have all the features id like in one place (reasons i use one note and others for things like mood boards) but i have hope it will sooner or later.

Still i always think twice into going premium, and im always holded off. The reason is simple: the focus on Mac(and ios).

Its almost unbelievable how long it took for evernote 5 to come to windows, or the android app to be updated, both platforms always behind; Theres a range of usefull apps for ios only that have long desired features- like handwriting, severely hindering its use on my tablet. To this day my evernote on windows hangs from time to time, sometimes at the worst times...

Im passionate about many things that i love supporting, from donations to kickstarters, but seeing these performance hiccups still around and paying for something to be always behind on features is no-go for me. The sad thing is that is im tempted to go premium frequently, if it weren't such an amazing service id would have ditched it for alternatives long ago like i generaly do. Only thing holding me is this.

Am i alone on this subject? Are there any official positions on why this is the case? Is the user base(or paying userbase) that much larger on ios/mac then on other platforms?

There's always going to be "the grass is always greener/Mother always loved you best" syndrome going on, I suppose.

First, here's a different POV:

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/49541-why-is-ioss-evernote-so-bad-compared-to-androids/

Second, the Windows client is considered my some as the gold standard, since it currently includes at least a few features the Mac/iOS users want.

Archived