"Always show PDF documents as attachments" not working properly

Hi,

I have "Always show PDF documents as attachments" activated, but whenever I insert one, it is shown as document. I have to close and reopen the note, then it's shown correctly (as attachment).

Will this be fixed?

• Level 5*

I'd suggest a support request (see below) to raise this officially - don't use that feature myself,  but the PDFs that I import and mark as attachments happily start and stay that way without any problem.  How are you inserting files - drag/ drop or import folder or... ???

• 1 year later...

22 months later it's still an issue?  What did Support say?  Do you still have the ticket number?  (If you post it here we can maybe get someone to have another look...)

Hi, yes, it is indeed. I haven't really used Evernote for a longer time now and now that I do i still experience the problem. Support just gave me useless hints.

Hmmn.  There should have been quite a few updates over that period - are you on the current version 5.9.1 ?

Yes, I am. And still, I insert the PDF document and all the pages are shown inside the note, then I switch to another note and back and voila, now it's correctly shown as an attachment. This is just very inconvenient.

• Level 5*

..and in the 'useless hint' category,  did support lead you through uninstalling and reinstalling the application,  and renaming the folder and rebuilding the database?  -I don't know whether this is a bug of which Evernote are aware,  because I tend to leave that option off,  and just display PDFs normally inline unless I want them attached for some reason (like if there are several files in one note).  In that case I'll either right-click and 'show as attachment',  or press and hold Shift as I drag the file into a note,  which attaches it as an icon,  not inline.

Only suggestion:  if this is still an issue for you - report it (again) as a bug (choose that heading in the first drop-down after clicking the link below and logging in) - you won't necessarily get any feedback,  but you could also tweet @Evernotehelps with the ticket number for comments...

Archived