We apologize for the inconvenience, but chat support is currently unavailable. Please feel free to submit an email ticket or reach out at discussion.evernote.com. Thank you for understanding. ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

exceles

Impossible to search for a “word-composed” with dash/hyphen(-) without quote it.

When trying to search for the word

add-in in my notes, I get all the notes with the add word subtracting all the notes with the word in

I know the symbol minos (-) before a word is to take the following word out of the results but for god heavens, not when the minus is part of a word with no spaces before the minus sign.

For the search to trough the right results, I have to quote the word which is very annoying

“Add-in”

It should work like this

Add-in (With no spaces) find all the notes containing string “Add-in”

Add -in (With space before minus sign) find all the documents that contain Add but not the word in.

When trying to search for the word

add-in in my notes, I get all the notes with the add word subtracting all the notes with the word in

I know the symbol minos (-) before a word is to take the following word out of the results but for god heavens, not when the minus is part of a word with no spaces before the minus sign.

For the search to trough the right results, I have to quote the word which is very annoying

“Add-in”

It should work like this

Add-in (With no spaces) find all the notes containing string “Add-in”

Add -in (With space before minus sign) find all the documents that contain Add but not the word in.

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/36345-hyphenated-searches-are-broken/